Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What USPSA class for XD45 Tactical

KentG

I havent shot much last year or two and I know it was OK in L10 being a 45 but nothing else except open with hicap mags. I thought that sucked since the 45 got hosed just for a bigger bullet. Has that changed or ??

L10 is probably the best category, since it won't compete in Limited with the 20+ round .40s, however I've seen production shooters do very well in a stage where Limited/Open guys choke with reloads, you can't have more than 8 shots fired from a single position, so there is plenty of space to reload in properly designed stages.

Is anyone making a magwell for the XD45?

Edited by GISMap

I havent shot much last year or two and I know it was OK in L10 being a 45 but nothing else except open with hicap mags. I thought that sucked since the 45 got hosed just for a bigger bullet. Has that changed or ??

You could also shoot with fully loaded mags in Limited. It wouldn't be the most competitive setup, but it would be legal. Oh, Limited, L10 etc are Divisions, not classes. Guns by division, shooters by class :)

L10 is probably the best category, since it won't compete in Limited with the 20+ round .40s, however I've seen production shooters do very well in a stage, you can't have more than 8 shots fired from a single position, so there is plenty of space to reload in properly designed stages.

It's not all that uncommon to have stages where there are more than 8 shots from one general area...like with barrels and walls where you only have to take a step to have a different "view" (per the rules) of the stage. In that sort of situation, you're almost doing a standing reload...okay, one step, and it costs quite a bit of time. With more space it doesn't hurt as much, but it still costs time.

Still a downloaded .45 wouldn't be terrible in Production. R,

I've shot my XD45 in L10 and Limited as well as with downloaded ammo (and resprung accordingly) in production. It will work well in all three divisions but I kinda liked it best in production. JMHO.

The XD 45acp can be shot in Production-L10-Limited-Open Divisions. With 140mm mags it will hold 18+1 rounds.

Canyon Creek makes the only true magwell for the XD/m line of guns.

Rich

You could also shoot with fully loaded mags in Limited. It wouldn't be the most competitive setup, but it would be legal. Oh, Limited, L10 etc are Divisions, not classes. Guns by division, shooters by class :)

Oops! Division. My wrong use of words.

I need to investigate the limited class. I really dont care since Im not going for the win but Id just like to know what class to use other than open when I shoot hicaps with it.