Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who are you shooting against?

old506

im a new shooter, probably around 7 total competition days at my local club. anything i do, it falls always to this line "im my worst enemy". so yes, i compete with myself. everyday i log on to benos and read experienced shooters advises, what not to do and to do before, during, after matches, how to train.. but all these.. needs to be digested. the question i ask myself is, i knew already what to do but wtf i do that for? what happen to my plan?

then on next match, i go to my zen mode and talk to myself not to do the same mistake i did last match. actually what i do, have a buddy film me, then compare to previous matches. so yeah, that helps me improve.

I think when you get past ten/eight/six rds being the reason you shoot a stage a certain way(very often true) its all about Points, Positions, Transitions and Footing. Now I agree that a Prod C might not take the same 19 yd shot that I do with my Open but there is something to learn from everybody and I believe if a Open guy's run affects your Prod run then if your say a C Prod then a GM Prod might do the same thing to your performance. Shoot your game and back to the org thread post.

From the perspective of a mostly ten round shooter, I'll agree with Bill --- it's all about Points, Positions, Transitions, and Footing and whatever strange stuff a stage might throw at you to knock you of your execution.....

Watching Open and Limited shooters can sometimes make me see a stage in a different light -- and that may help to illuminate a previously unconsidered approach for my production solution. Same thing with watching Revolver or SS shooters -- they can be an inspiration for getting x hits from x rounds in the gun. In production, sometimes you've got to be able to go 11 for 11.....

It's tough for a 63 year old fat guy with bad eyes and knees to beat anybody. I work hard on not beating myself. All A's and no procedurals is a good match for me. It usually beats 1/3 to 1/2 of our normal field of 60 shooters. My wins are calculated in how many young bulls shake their head when I shade them. :goof:

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Ah that I were young enough to have focus now that I see the use of it. - Me