Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M9A1

addicted

Been looking for a Beretta M9A1. Local dealer said he has had them on order, but has no idea when they will arrive. his Beretta rep said the same thing. have any of you seen this gun in person outside of the marine corps?

check Beretta forums web site

as I remember they are for sale every once in a while, also a poster reported he had seen several for sale at a particular FFL before but this is definitley a hit and miss proposition

Beretta has a new model 92 coming out that was introduced at the shot show

light rail, dove tailed sights, captrured recoil guide rod

very similar to the M9A1 or model 92 SD

I have a passing interest in these as they incorporate a light rail (good HD gun) and might be an even softer recoling version of a match gun

Other than the light rail, the differences are pretty much negligible IMO

Also I think the lack of availability comes from the G buying up their guns as quick as they can be made

With the latest round of M9 pistol contracts, Beretta USA is effectively out of the commercial market. All the new 92's being sold today are Italian produced guns. Whenever Beretta USA gets to a point of near fulfillment on these contracts (or at least a point when they can free production time for other models), 92's, 96's, M9Al's and all variations thereof produced in Accokeek will find their way back to the commercial market.

ETA: Yes, they do exist. Just not presently produced...

Edited by Middle Man

And M9A1's aren't production legal otherwise I'd have one.

Hopefully with the new Beretta pistols coming out - IPSC will approved railed Berettas.

Then, I will buy one. :D

Beretta is not getting another dime off me until they bring back the G!

The 92A1 they are supposedly coming out with is almost worth looking at... all but for that darn safety.

-rvb

I guess we'll just have to wait until the G gets all they want. I am very interested in the new 92A1, but I can wait, at least until my '86 92F breaks. Maybe by then I'll learn to like my G17.