Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

We will be shooting okc 3-gun with our new scoring system. It is called the LPH scoring matrix and really does reward accuracy. We also shoot Limited Magnified, Limited Non-Magnified, Open and Heavy Metal. I will post particulars on the scoring matrix later today.

We will see you there.

Mike

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To clarify a bit. Limited Non-Magnified is any sight that has NO magnification. Yes that means Red Dots and irons shoot together. We have done this for the last 3 matches and it is by far the biggest division, and no-one has any complaints about shooting dots against irons or vis-versa. we have at least 20 new shooters because of this simple little change, and yes we shoot out to 300yds.

So we offer:

Non-magnified

Tactical

open

Heavy Metal

The scoring changes around a bit just to keep folks on their toes so sometimes its pure IMGA, sometimes more accuracy based, like Horner or LPH, that way anyone who gets to a few matches knows what to expect when they go somewhere else.

Ok, Kurt may have to jump in, but it goes like this.

1 A neutralizes the target AND provides a 1/2 second bonus (max bonus is 1/2 second).

1 B neutralizes the target, but carries no bonus time.

2 C zone hits will neutralize the target with no time penalty or bonus.

Any D zone hit adds 1 second penalty and does NOT contribute to neutralizing the target.

A Miss adds 5 seconds per, any non-neutralized target is +5 seconds, and an unhit target adds 10 seconds.

2 C zone hits are the minimum to neutralize a target.

Examples:

1 A (on its own or with any other hit)= neutralized, -1/2 second

1 C and 1 D = not neutralized, + 1 second (D) and +5 (not neutralized), total = + 6 seconds

2 D = not neutralized, + 7 seconds

1 D and 1 M, not neutralized = +11 seconds

2 M is +5 per miss and an unhit target = +20 seconds

Edited by mike_pinto

thats not the way I remember it, but I was not privy to the more recent modifications. i recall 2 hits as long as one is a "C" neutralizes the target. and that the A/B zone was treated as one, not separate zones. 2 "D" is simply a non neutralized target.

Trapr

Well it looks more like this:

Any A or A/B would subtract 1/2 second from your overall time, but multiple A zone hits wouldn't be additive, only one of the As count. ( it was explained to me this way, one bullet through the heart is just as effective as 3 )

Any 2 C zone hits would neutralize the target. ( Sometimes you have to shoot fast and don't have the time to make just A zone hits, USUALLY 2 good C zone hits will get someone to desist! )

Any D zone hit WITHOUT an A zone hit or 2 C zone hits will incur a 1 second penalty added to your overall time ( Hey a bad hit is a bad hit)

Missed target adds 10 seconds

No shoot adds 10 seconds

Not engaging a target adds 10 seconds

Un hit steel and birds adds 10 seconds

Target with only one C or D zone hit would add 5 seconds

This would be an across the board scoring system, with no difference between heavy metal, limited, tactical, open etc.

Oh yeah, 1 A/B/C is good to go, but Ds are going to cost you! And the match director has the ability to make it two slugs also, but in these economic times one will usually do.

What if your shooting minor power factor?

Will Kurt or Trapr be joining us for this match or are you just making US use these IDPG rules you dreamed up while swimming in dark beer at Benny's shop? ;). I kinda liked fast and inaccurate.

P.S. Kurt why don't you post these rules on the local forum for everyone to see? Troublemaker!!!

Probably 5 stages, same round coins as all the previous.

The reason we are trying this scoring system out is because most systems say they reward accuracy. Not true. They just don't deduct for accuracy. A center mass or head shot will nuetralize a target. Two shots to the c zone will just as effectively do it as well, but getting that center mass or head shot should be rewarded. We saw the result of folks that only shoot imga scoring at the Texas carbine match. Lots of time was penalized because we have taught that two in the brown is as good as two in the a zone. This system will help all of us be better prepared for vickers and horner scored matches.

As far as the non-magnified division, it has proven our point that 1x optics and irons should be the same. Our match will remain the same.

M

No need to ask on the local forum, as I am not allowed there, I just ain't tacticool enough to play with the "big boys" over there. Thats why we are all over here! Trapr and I WON'T be there, and this wasn't dreamed up in Bennys shop, it was dreamed up in the Suburban coming back from Ft.Benning two years ago, with a lot of input from Bronco. I am in Wyo for the next while. but in your honor Jeese, I did brew a lighter beer so we will have some when I get back after SMM3G

No need to ask on the local forum, as I am not allowed there, I just ain't tacticool enough to play with the "big boys" over there. Thats why we are all over here! Trapr and I WON'T be there, and this wasn't dreamed up in Bennys shop, it was dreamed up in the Suburban coming back from Ft.Benning two years ago, with a lot of input from Bronco. I am in Wyo for the next while. but in your honor Jeese, I did brew a lighter beer so we will have some when I get back after SMM3G

For everyone that doesn't know me I was kidding. I am a big fan of the scoring system. Come IMGA match time we are gonna be much faster after shooting the local matches with an emphasis on accuracy on every shot.

That light beer sounds great Kurt! Did you happen to put a twist of lime in there? Lol!!!

Edited by jtischauser

That light beer sounds great Kurt! Did you happen to put a twist of lime in there? Lol!!!

Do you wear a skirt when you drink that beer Jesse? :roflol:

Actually its much more than just a skirt its a tactical sarong made by 5.11 gear. :ph34r:

Edited by jtischauser

Actually its much more than just a skirt its a tactical sarong made by 5.11 gear. :ph34r:

A tactikilt! :unsure:

A tactikilt! :unsure:

Brilliant! They always ask me, "what do you wear under that kilt?" I tell 'em spikes and a sawed off shotgun. :roflol:

Edited by jtischauser