Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Austin, Texas

Need some Benosverse help,

I have an on-line acquaintance that is looking for some firearm training. From his posting persona on that forum he seems to be an ok guy, but I don't know him personally. He interested in target shooting. He admits that he is very new to firearms in general. I've suggested that he try and get some one on one training hopefully before he makes any purchase decisions. Again I don't really know the guy, but I don't believe he is interested in getting into competition. If I thought he might want to get involved I'd research a local club and send him there. Ideally I'd like to refer him to a local competitor that does training on the side. Maybe go to a range and do some live fire overall handling training with some different options.

He lives in the Westlake area of Austin, Texas. I'm not familiar with the area, but I guess this place is close.

I see this as an opportunity to get someone into shooting without the gun shop commando scare tactics involved. He's a guitar player so maybe you could trade some training for some guitar lessons!

Thanks...

Karl Rehn at KR Training. He's a top USPSA and Steel Challenge competitor. He offers everything from basic beginner's courses through competition courses and even self defense and force-on-force airsoft training. His facility is located just east of Austin in Giddings. www.krtraining.com

Red's Indoor Range is okay for casual shooting and you can get some individualized instruction, but like all public ranges you have to keep your eyes open for John Q. Public on your left and right.

edited to fix link

Edited by Steve J

I also vote for Karl at KR Training for good instruction.

If your buddy wants a good place to shoot, have him look at the Austin Rifle Club.

www.austinrifleclub.org

It's not as close to Westlake as Reds but has IDPA and USPSA matches many time a month, multiple ranges from 15 to 200 yards and all applicants must pass a criminal background check and a safe gun handling live fire test.

Disclaimer: I teach some of the pistol classes at ARC.

Gringop

He's a guitar player so maybe you could trade some training for some guitar lessons!

Both Karl & Dave are musicians also (well, Dave's a drummer, not a musician :P ) [sorry, man, I couldn't help myself!], so there would be some common ground if he goes with either instructor. B)

-Chet

He's a guitar player so maybe you could trade some training for some guitar lessons!

Both Karl & Dave are musicians also (well, Dave's a drummer, not a musician :P ) [sorry, man, I couldn't help myself!], so there would be some common ground if he goes with either instructor. B)

-Chet

Not to derail but ROFLMAO Chethro... there is a reason why the drummer is always the last guy in the band to get laid.. even behind the bass player..

Not to derail but ROFLMAO Chethro... there is a reason why the drummer is always the last guy in the band to get laid.. even behind the bass player..

Let's just say.... not in my experience.... :surprise: