Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shot A 627 Last Night

PistolPete

Well I'm a die hard auto guy and don't even own a revolver. I almost bought a 627 a few months ago but decided against it. I then ordered my SV so I basically forgot about the revolver. Well, thinking of me one of the shooters at my range picked up a 627 8-shot. He thought for sure I would buy it. Well because I am getting married in a few months I decided not to buy it so he sold it to another member. Well last night I wanted to try it out. Now I am kicking myself in the ass for not buying it. It has some work done to it including the needed trigger job. The action on this gun is so smoothe. The worst part is that he would have sold it to me for only $650. Now I'm gonna have to pay like $850 for one. Talk about fun though!!! I loved that gun.

I wouldn't switch from a bottom loader to a wheel gun but I will bring this thing with me whenever I go shooting because it is just so much fun. Who would have thought a wheel gun could be so much fun?

Pete

---- whenever I go shooting because it is just so much fun.  Who would have thought a wheel gun could be so much fun?

Pete

We Would.

Who would have thought a wheel gun could be so much fun?

Well, I hate to sound like a parrot.....but, I would too...

Just wait until you start beating most of the auto guys with antique technology. You'll be hooked.

It would really be great to see more and more people returning to revolver shooting. I say return because looking back at mid 80's issues of American Handgunner you see a few Hi-cap guns but mostly singlestack .45's and revolvers.

I really have alot of fun with it.

It's kind of like dove hunting with a single shot shotgun. You have to make each shot count :D:D:D

dj

So would you sell a Sig P220 ST for a 226???

I've had it for a few years now and haven't shot it in well over one year and I still have a P226 (my first gun-will never sell) if I ever want to shoot a Sig. I don't own a revolver and this is the one I've always wanted.

I'll have to shell out my Sig plus about $150.

What would you do?

That's difficult to say. But in any case: don't rush things !

There will be other guns to buy, but you will NEVER get the guns you have now back in the same known condition for the same price.

A year ago I sold my CZ75 plus .22lr conversion kit because I so much wanted another gun, and I still regret that decision daily :(