Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dang Pins

stingerjg

the last time i worked on my Para, detail strip and clean. I took everyting apart and had the pistol dissasembled for a couple of days. It went together without a hitch, then it developed a problem. the sear pin kept backing out and blocking the ambi safety(right side). i couldnt for the life of me figure out what was going on. Finally i went and bought a single sided safety and was done with it. Tonight i had a fellow shooter over to show me his new holster and i got to looking at his gun. Man my pins dont go in that way. stupid me, when i put it back together i put the pins in the wrong side. duh ;)

You're lucky you had all of the pins afterward!

Not only have I put things together incorrectly many times, I tend to lose parts frequently, especially when they are under spring tension or compression. When something zings out of sight and I can't find, I know that it has joined all of the socks that get lost in the dryer . . . they've gone to live with Jesus. ;)

In my early tinkering days, my problem was getting the sear spring caught underneath something, so the hammer wouldn't stay cocked. With pins, it was mostly a loss issue.

Man my pins dont go in that way. stupid me, when i put it back together i put the pins in the wrong side. duh ;)

I did that this year the night befor a local tournment (the Silver Buckle). I noticed it on the first stage..."hey this isn't right." I unloaded and checked to make sure the saftey was going up enough to work, and proceded to shoot the match.