Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shotgun Match Feb 14th, in Spartanburg, SC at the SPSA Range.

I got this email tonight from Clint Upchurch about a new Shotgun Match in Spartanburg, SC at the SPSA Range.

"Entry fee is 18 bucks and we will be shooting at 1 pm sharp. Registration will be at noon. It is gonna be in Spartanburg at the SPSA range. Range is about 5 minutes off interstate 85 @ the Duncan exit between Greenville and Spartanburg, SC"

Three divisions

Open (optics, anything goes basically)

Standard (semi auto, 8 +1 max capacity)

Pump/standard manual (same rules as Standard except pump action).

Good practice for the Pan Am this summer.

Edited by cold

YES!!

Now, the trick to get in good practice for the Pan Am;

Do not just run up the round count, or add lots of distance for shooters to run.

The stages need to really test your skill with the shotgun and how well you know how your shotgun patterns and at different distances.

Vary the height of lines of clays or steel (4 ft, 3ft, 3ft, 4ft then 3ft) and mix up the distances.

Use some "no shoot" clays near "shoot" clays, where a few extra steps give the shooter a clearer shot, but the faster, more accurate guys can try to take it early.

Put a low and narrow port at the end on a table. How accurate are you when seated and leaning sideways?

Some reloads required, but it shouldn't be a "reload contest."

Clasic IPSC shotgun. . .how am I doin' Trapr? ;)

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 IPSC Pan American Shotgun Championship

Co-Match Director

Edited by LChico

add some prone and unloaded or empty chamber starts. give the shooters options on how to shoot the COF, and let them decide what works best for their strengths and weaknesses. I remember Phil Strader telling me he was going to shoot full choke for the entire match last year because he didn't trust his knowledge of his other chokes.

that i guess is one option, a better one would be KNOW how your gun patterns with other chokes.

trapr

This is going to be a great match. Anyone that can make it out should do their best to come; even though it is Valentines Day. What better way to spend the day than with the shotgun you love!!

YOu are a brave man putting the below in writing! :surprise:

"What better way to spend the day than with the shotgun you love!!"

This is going to be a great match. Anyone that can make it out should do their best to come; even though it is Valentines Day. What better way to spend the day than with the shotgun you love!!

LMAO!! I will be conducting Valentines Day operations Saturday night for my kitchen pass thank you very much!!

LMAO!! I will be conducting Valentines Day operations Saturday night for my kitchen pass thank you very much!!

I was just informed that I will be doing the same ;) .

Got this info from Rob R.

" It will be 5-6 stages in bays with a mix of steel, birds and paper with slugs. I think one stage with have 2 Texas Stars.

You will be tested with reloading, movement and shot placement. I'm sure everything will be 30yds and in.

I believe this will be a solid match and worth the drive if you can make it. If you had fun at RBGC you will enjoy this, lots of props and solid stage design.

See ya out there "

After the match today we have made tenative plans to hold another shotgun match on the 2nd Saturday of March, which is the 13th I believe. I will let you guys know when that is confirmed. As for todays match, I think it went well and hope that everyone enjoyed it enough to come back again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...