Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Mississippi Classic

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Practice for wet shots guys! It will be fun.

The prize table continues to grow, it may be our best ever. As usual, McDade's Wine and Spirits will be a stage sponsor and we will have a couple of cases of wine (chosen by yours truly) to add to to the table. Trust me guys, if I would not drink it, I would not put it out ther for you guys. :cheers:

Hey John,

Can we get an update of the total number of competitors by division? I'd like to start my campaign to increase the single stack division numbers for this match. I was fairly successful doing this with the Alabama State Championship (we had 19 single stack shooters). I had the benefit of online squadding to help me with the numbers. With your help, we could easily beat that!!! ;-)

Chris

Unofficial Single Stack Division Booster

Edited by chbrow10

I am fired UP about this year's match!! :goof: There is talk of having a 'gathering' :cheers: after the days shooting ceases, possibly cooking out on site and having some off the cuff entertainment (stay tuned for THAT one). I think this would be great so everyone could mingle and visit and meet new friends, other than splitting up and going to various restaurants.

The prize table is excellent so far and we have a month to go!! That is a tidbit for all you other greedy folks like me, that like to get kewl stuff!! :blush:

Can't wait to see all of ya'll come through our stage. We promise to make it an eventful and memorable stage for you. hehehehe :rolleyes:

Ya'll come on down! Or Up! Or sideways..... whatever it takes to get here!

:P

We'll be camping on site in our pop-up, so any gathering/entertainment opportunity gives us one more reason to look forward to this match!!

Good to know.... may need a place to curl up and nap.

Hi Chris,

I can't remember the exact number but I think we're around 12 SS shooters registered so far. I am looking forward to getting more entries in and I'm pretty confident we'll be hitting our 200 shooter cap. So far Production seems to be the place to be this year, but it's still a little early yet for predictions on what our final numbers will be. From what I've seen, shooters register like they reload. Production guys are planners and get their apps in well ahead of time, Open guys just do it whenever. :roflol:

I'm glad Steve mentioned the Saturday night get together as I had forgotten to and everyone is invited. I think most of us like hanging out with our shooting friends at least as much as the actual shooting, so instead of all disappearing in small groups Saturday a bunch of us are planning to hang out at the range after shooting's done. We'll have "refreshments" available and some grills going if anyone wants to burn some meat. I know some of the guys are planning to bring guitars and stuff, so if you're musically inclined bring your kazoo or whatever and join in. I've heard there may be some sort of karaoke option, which scares the bejeezus out of me, but some things are beyond my control.

I'm really getting worked up about things now.

The match officially starts four weeks from tomorrow.

Kegs? I'm beginning to think that the Saturday night thing is a not-so-subtle attempt to lower the Sunday morning scores...

In the words of a fine outstanding son of Mississippi (Jimmy Buffet, born in Pascagoula), ... "There's a fine line between Saturday night and Sunday morning"

All the talk about match hotel burglaries lately has been getting to me. I don't think the crime rate in Byram, MS is going to be equal to that of a major city, but I still don't want to risk having something happen. Guns getting into the hands of criminals, competitors losing valuable and almost irreplaceable equipment, etc.

Anyway, please spread the word that the match is privately contracting with the local Sheriff's Office to provide overnight security (uniformed officer in a marked patrol car) at the match hotels for both Friday and Saturday nights. Hopefully their presence will convince anyone contemplating something that it would not be a wise move.

John

All the talk about match hotel burglaries lately has been getting to me. I don't think the crime rate in Byram, MS is going to be equal to that of a major city, but I still don't want to risk having something happen. Guns getting into the hands of criminals, competitors losing valuable and almost irreplaceable equipment, etc.

Anyway, please spread the word that the match is privately contracting with the local Sheriff's Office to provide overnight security (uniformed officer in a marked patrol car) at the match hotels for both Friday and Saturday nights. Hopefully their presence will convince anyone contemplating something that it would not be a wise move.

John

John,

that may be the way to go in the future. I think we will certainly consider that.

I was just thinking about this last night after reading the theft thread. Sad that it has come to this but glad you guys are taking some action. Thanks.

Now I can concentrate on the important stuff for the match: fried Oreos ...er... I mean shooting...

Edited by Hammar

John

:surprise: I guess I will have to be on my best behavior this year......would have probably NOT made it to the match last year if he was in the parking lot..... :roflol:

Kegs? I'm beginning to think that the Saturday night thing is a not-so-subtle attempt to lower the Sunday morning scores...

In the words of a fine outstanding son of Mississippi (Jimmy Buffet, born in Pascagoula), ... "There's a fine line between Saturday night and Sunday morning"

I think it is a GREAT idea.....let's see how you guys shoot in MY WORLD!!!!

Randall, if you don't have a gun to shoot by then let me know. We have a few around here you are welcome to if you can tolerate a .38SC. I guess I can fit a 9mm bbl to one of them if need be. I can hook you up with a few mags also.

Randall, if you don't have a gun to shoot by then let me know. We have a few around here you are welcome to if you can tolerate a .38SC. I guess I can fit a 9mm bbl to one of them if need be. I can hook you up with a few mags also.

No need Bobby.....Sam Keen said he is hooking Randall up with a REAL gun. I cannot wait to see this epic battle of revolver shooters - Sam vs Randall.nee

My gun is...I mean WAS .38 super comp....didn't get on the 9mm wagon as no need to fiddle with a perfect running gun....Thanks for the offer though....my phone has rang for the last 2 days with offers to ship equipment to me, frames/slides/barrels to Benny to start a new one, etc....the generosity of you guys is absolutely amazing!!