Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safariland 773 mag pouch

kimberacp

probably will meet rules but they wont be practical for IDPA. Over under belts arnt allowed and the 773's and 771's clamp on instead of thread on. putting a belt through pants belt loops then reclamping the little bolts will get very tedious

probably will meet rules but they wont be practical for IDPA. Over under belts arnt allowed and the 773's and 771's clamp on instead of thread on. putting a belt through pants belt loops then reclamping the little bolts will get very tedious

They dont clamp on. They will slide on a 1.5" belt.

Like Chuck, I think they will slide on (there is a version that only clamps onto the Leviathan belt?).

I'm not sure how legal they would be for IDPA, however?

We had a thread a while back on that and the CR Speed mag holders. I don't recall what came of that, but opinions did vary. (you should be able to find it with a search for CR Speed here in the IDPA section).

My bad I had assumed they were the same as the 771's I have both single stack and wide. Once the screws are tight they wont slide on my belt. maybe they would on a instructors type belt without the fuzzy velcro lining. I'll have to see. Depending on your body type they should meet the rules, however they are listed in the "Competition" section of the Safariland catalog which which may make it not allowed reguardless of how it's made. The IDPA rulebook is full of shoulds and mays, so you pretty much have two choices. Ask at each match or get a more Idpa mainstream pouch.

My bad I had assumed they were the same as the 771's I have both single stack and wide. Once the screws are tight they wont slide on my belt. maybe they would on a instructors type belt without the fuzzy velcro lining. I'll have to see. Depending on your body type they should meet the rules, however they are listed in the "Competition" section of the Safariland catalog which which may make it not allowed reguardless of how it's made. The IDPA rulebook is full of shoulds and mays, so you pretty much have two choices. Ask at each match or get a more Idpa mainstream pouch.

Actually they use the same back/belt piece. There is the levitation that can only be used on a levitation belt that i never carried. On those you have to use a levitation pouch and holster as well. Nothing else will fit on it. So I sort of forget about it. The others are a simple opening a belt can slip through. A thicker belt like cr speed may have to be opened up and then tightened down on the belt. Its not a clamp though. They will slide freely on a safariland nylon belt.