Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon Case Feed Set Screw - Damage From Overtightening

I moved this weekend, and was getting everything set back up on my bench. When I set the case feed on the post and tightened the set screw, I may have gotten a little heavy on it. The plastic that the nut is set in started to bulge. Is this a potential long term issue? Is there a good way to fix it/strengthen this area?

Thanks

I pulled the threaded insert out of the plastic in mine. Dillon told me to drill through the steel with an undersized drill for a sheet metal screw and screw it to the metal using the stripped hole. I found a decent size screw in a random screw jar I have and used that as a fix. It works nicely.

Alternatively, if you email us and include your address we can send you an oversize threaded insert. You have to drill the hole in the bowl out slightly, then the insert installs with a hex key wrench. A self-tapping sheet metal screw works just as well though.

9 hours ago, dillon said:

Alternatively, if you email us and include your address we can send you an oversize threaded insert. You have to drill the hole in the bowl out slightly, then the insert installs with a hex key wrench. A self-tapping sheet metal screw works just as well though.

I had Dillon send me one when I did the same thing.  I had the self tapping screw through the post and I think the Oversized threaded insert works better.  The bowl is much sturdier with the Dillon Insert.