Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 Saftey detent strength

Shooter212

I think so. I am planning to use my Shadow 2 for  3Gun this year.  I am shooting a Shadow in USPSA Carry Optics  and an SP-01 for IDPA.  Switching to a different platform for 3Gun would probably not be in my best interest.

Please note that I am not a top competitor and I tend to be a bit cautious when I leave a gun behind. At my level in 3Gun competition,  an extra second or 2  while putting down a gun is not going to make or break my match. 

If you throw it 10 feet and hope it lands in a bucket are you really worried about the extra risk of the safety coming off? :ph34r:

To answer seriously, I had mine partially come off but I was dumb and abandoned it on the extended safety side (right thumb of pistol) at an angle that exerted a good amount of force on the safety. Dumping the pistol on the other side without the extended safety I can't see enough material to catch in most buckets but then again, if you want to challenge Murphy to a game of odds... 

• 1 month later...

Or, when you fit a new safety, you can adjust the friction of the safety to the sear.  I'm shooting mine as SSP and Production, so using DA and no safety off the draw.  I left my safety fit fairly stiff, so that it doesn't switch on accidentally.

I fitted a new safety, and mine did not function until fitted, as seller suggested may be required.  RHS arm did not penetrate LHS enough initially so that seat contact surface did not clear slide and seat spring notch did not show.  When the tip of RHS arm was adjusted to allow it to push through the LHS more, these were corrected.