Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Threaded Barrel for Tactical Sport

sudoshakes

I am sure this has come up before, but I wanted to see if anyone knew of a smith or barrel maker capable of making what I am looking for. 

Essentially, I want a threaded barrel for my TS orange. No one makes this, though I believe it is possible to accomplish. As far as I understand it, the barrel width and engagement with the bushing would not be impacted by extending the barrel past this point and threading it. So the problem then is a barrel long enough to accomplish this as the stock TS barrel is 5.2" in length. 

Enter Novo Precision. http://www.novoprecision.com/products/pistol-barrel-blanks/  They can make a custom barrel blank at up to 7" in length, which is more than the size needed. 

What I am looking for is a smith or barrel shop willing to take custom orders, and has the capability to machine the breech, chamber, feed ramp, barrel taper etc. on a blank from Novo. 

Before the suggestions come in, I will let you know where I have already asked: CZ Customs and Cajun Gun Works. The former could not lose the production time due to retooling to do it, and the latter said they do not make their own barrels in house. So since Stuart and Micah don't have the ability right now to do this, is there anyone out there who does? 

I am open to any / all suggestions if you feel the smith is competent or has previous experience with custom barrels. Especially if they have experience with CZ barrels. 

Thanks all! 

2 hours ago, kneelingatlas said:

Tornado Technology will turn down the end of your barrel, cut a male thread and add a treaded extension: http://www.tornado-technologies.com/category/BRTH/Barrel-Threading/1.html

Except I have been informed this won't work with a tapered barrel that matches to the bushing so tightly like the TS.

I am familiar eith tornado technologies for threading kadet kits. I just don't know if there is even enough barrel meat left in day the .40 caliber barrel at the muzzle to thread a tapered extension.