Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CARRY OPTICS QUESTIONS re ZEV's

NickAument

OK so a ZEV dragonfly is not legal due to slide lightening cuts but would a Zev Hexagon be legal?

These are no slide cuts other than the RMR so I'm thinking yes, but......

hopefully a USPSA CRO will chime in before I buy it and can't use it.

Worst case 17 MOS here I come.......

my thanks in advance

http://www.zevtechnologies.com/Hexagon-w-RMR-Abs-Co-wit-in-Black-DLC-Glock-17-Gen-1-3-

That's the one your talking about right? I would say it is legal for co, not production  obviously. 

21.3 You may replace the slide with an OFM 
or aftermarket slide which is of the same length, contour and caliber as the original slide for that model of gun.

21.2b Textured finishes, grip tape, milling or stippling on the slide to provide texture is also 
allowed. Cuts that are designed to specifically or significantly lighten the slide, such as holes, are ruled as competitive advantage and prohibited.

KRAJ that's what I was thinking but can't afford another mistake. I just saw Shooting USA carry optics special and it looked like JJ was using the ZEV hexagon so i think I'm OK with that

one. Will order another slide for the Dragonfly and I should be good to go.

my thanks

On 8/10/2017 at 0:18 PM, NickAument said:

KRAJ that's what I was thinking but can't afford another mistake. I just saw Shooting USA carry optics special and it looked like JJ was using the ZEV hexagon so i think I'm OK with that

one. Will order another slide for the Dragonfly and I should be good to go.

my thanks

I would shoot troy an email before you spend 600 bucks, but I dont see a problem with it

If the gun is not listed as acceptable on the approved USPSA Production list, I would be very leery of assuming it is OK. Since the CO rules are in a bit of flux, one issue of the Production rules has to do with number of specific models sold.

Also, the manufacturer must submit a pistol to be approvedin Production,, but with CO I am not sure.

Absolutely I would ask Troy or Kevin.

Edited by mont1120
Soelling