Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Howdy from Houston

OliverHerzog

Hey guys new to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself. Born and raised in Houston Tx, went to school at The Colorado School of Trade for Gunsmithing after high school and have shot 3 gun on and off for the past 8 years. I have recently started handloading for my 223, 308 and 6.5 Grendel on a turret press and have really enjoyed it so far!

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

Thanks

Oliver

Bill,

I havent shot since the beginning of March at the 3GN SW Regionals because I got married soon after and work a lot of weekends. I am planning on going to the match at Cawthorne next month though. Ive shot at Impact zone a lot over the years and at Best of the West north of Austin a couple times. I would like to try out Area 59 but just havent made it down there yet. Im trying to make a new load for my rifle before I go shoot my next match as well.

Are there any good places up by you?

Oliver

My performance at th 3GN Regionals was a classic crash and burn.  All guns running 100% before the match.  Mix in a little rain and I'm lucky to finish a stage.  All guns went into malfunction mode.

I stay North of town.  Sounds like you know about Dissident at Cawthrone and WHIDPA 3 gun at Impact.  They also shoot 3 gun at Thunder Gun Range (east of The Woodlands) and at the Trinity Range near Cleveland.

If interested, WHIDPA is putting on a 2 gun match at Pacleb Ranch range on the 29th.

Bill

25 minutes ago, OliverHerzog said:

I havent shot since  March because I got married soon after  

Unless you get The Little Woman involved in shooting, you may not

get back to shooting until your children hit 17 - 21    :ph34r:

Oh, BTW, welcome aboard    :) 

Whatja shootin' ?

Bill,

I actually RSO'd the 3GN match so I shot it before the weather got to bad. My gear ran ok but made me realize I need to load my own ammo, get a little petter scope, and update my shotshell carriers to the new quad loaders. Ive know the guys with Dissident for a number of years now and I cut my teeth at Impact zone. Ill have to try to get out to Thunder Ranch and a couple other places once I get back to it. Im trying to build up a 223 rifle load and if I get all that finished and tested then I might make the shoot on the 29th. 

Hi-Power Jack,

She likes to shoot just not compete, yet haha, and likes to go to the matches with me. She has her own pistol, likes my shotgun, and is a good shot with my rifle but it's a little heavy for her. She doesn't get the chance to shoot and practice as often as I do as well. In 3 gun I shoot a M&P 9L with an APEX trigger, a Benelli M2, and my AR is a Frankenstein gun from that I assembled myself. I also like to shoot anything I can get my hands on and want to shoot PRS with either my 6.5 Grendel or my AR10 in 308. How about you?

6 hours ago, OliverHerzog said:

Hi-Power Jack,

I shoot a M&P 9L, a Benelli M2, and my AR is a Frankenstein.   How about you?

I shoot a TruBor 9mm Major in OPEN and just bought an ATI AR 15 in .223 caliber

with a MTAC 1-4x scope.

Learning how to use that new rifle, right now    :) 

Awesome. I picked up a SVI with a 6 inch slide and tribrid 38 super barrel that I was planning on turning into a 9mm race gun but I havent had the opportunity to fit the new slide yet. What competition are you shooting the Trubor in, I havent had much experience outside of three gun? Ive been running my 3 gun AR with a Burris MTAC for a number of years and have very few complaints about the scope.