Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Piru Steel Challenge is Back!!!!!!

jkrispies

From reading the information at the above link it appears that the squading must be adhoc similar to West Coast Steel ("registration from 8am to noon").  Can someone confirm?  Although we generally stay overnight prior to a match down south we've have been known to drive down and back in one day.

Actually, squads will be formed at 8ish.  If there's a very large turnout then there may be a second batch going through later in the day (11ish?) along with folks who are shooting 2nd guns.  Remember that 2nd guns are to be shot after the first gun has gone completely through the 8 stages.  (I anticipate that I'll shoot a second gun unless I'm totally burnt out.)  At this point, I'm personally reticent to make you promises about an 11ish set of squads going through and having you drive all the way from San Francisco in one day and that second round doesn't happen.  Once we have a few more of these under our belts, I could speak more definitively.  

If we shoot down there every other month or so we would drive down the day before.  I was just puzzled at the 8-noon.  Shooting after getting up a 4am and driving for 4.5 hours doesn't bring out the best in us super duper senior citizens.

I got a little more clarification today.  We'll form squads and send folks out in the order they are formed.  Everyone will have to shoot in order without jumping each other.  So... theoretically you'll e able to come after the shooter's meeting, but you'll have to wait for an open stage to enter the rotation. 

Look forward to the feedback from the first match.  Pictures or it didn't happen.

Sounds like the group there at first light will get squad'ed in fixed-size squads, maybe 8 or so, and the first set of squads sent out for a shotgun start.  Makes good sense.  I don't live in SoCal, but I've got to believe the the drive time can have an effect on paricipation in such a far-flung area.

49 minutes ago, RickT said:

Look forward to the feedback from the first match.  Pictures or it didn't happen.

Sounds like the group there at first light will get squad'ed in fixed-size squads, maybe 8 or so, and the first set of squads sent out for a shotgun start.  Makes good sense.  I don't live in SoCal, but I've got to believe the the drive time can have an effect on paricipation in such a far-flung area.

It would not surprise me to be able to show up at 11:00 and shoot strait through.

16 hours ago, jkrispies said:

Unfortunately I didn't make the match due to a last minute family emergency (all is well now!) but I understand it went well.  I'm still bummed that I missed it!!!!   Hopefully someone else can post sone photos. 

We really missed you. Mike even said so!

The steel looked really good and I think everyone found the platforms a huge upgrade.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...