Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CR Speed Hi-Torque Belt vs. Safariland

Clay1

OK, this is not the tough guy combat question. I want to know if I can wear pink with blue strips? Something like that anyhow.

The real question is that I have a Comp-Tac Chainmail finish holster. I was just about to order a CR Speed Hi-Torque Belt when I saw this Safariland holster in Carbon fiber that looks like it will match the Chainmail finish on my Comp-Tac products.

Forget about color for a minute, which belt is the better competition belt? They are both inner and out belt systems. I have heard great things about the CR belt. Very stiff and solid product CR. I don't know much about the Safariland product, but I bet that it is also a heck of a competition product.

So what do you think about Pink and blue?

Thanks Jake for the info. I'll order one and see how she works. I see that some guys are using just the out belt for IDPA and for USPSA Production they can wear both the inner and the out belt.

Now I just have to get this dealer to answer his phone. Good prices, but no one is home if you know what I mean.

I give on contacting this one dealer who supposedly has them for $40. Who can you guy recomend that might have them in stock at a reasonable price. Don't say Brownells, at $60 that is not what I am looking for. No, I don't have a dealer account with them because I am a buyer not a seller. The IPSC site has them but 2 weeks for delivery is a tad long.

The CR belt rocks. The hook and loop system is opposite from Safariland, the innerbelt doesn't pick up all the lint and dog hair. It is stiffer too!

I would also recommend calling Chuck, and if he doesn't have a pink one in stock have him special order it for you.... B)

Thanks Dale for the insight. I should buy the CR Speed from Chuck for all of the grief YOU are giving him on my thread on the 5.11 bag :rolleyes:

Seriously, thanks for the info. If he has one in stock I'll order it in the morning. I tried all day to buy one at $40. $5 more isn't going to kill me, even being the cheap Bstd that I am.

Rick

Chuck was amazingly fast. I ordered the CR Speed on the 16th and it is here on the 18 so that I can wear it to this weekend's match. Regular shipment no overnight or Fed Ex or anything.

Chuck - you the man. This thing is great, I think that I could hang my truck on the belt and the belt would handle it. It is so much stiffer than my Wilderness Instructors CSM that it is Wild. Thanks again, Chuck.

Very small world. Will be shooting it tomorrow at an USPSA shoot and I can wait. It really helps that holster stand off of my body some. You have to remember that I am an IDPA shooter than is a new USPSA shooter - thanks Billy Wilson.

• 4 months later...
OK, this is not the tough guy combat question.  I want to know if I can wear pink with blue strips?  Something like that anyhow.

The real question is that I have a Comp-Tac Chainmail finish holster.  I was just about to order a CR Speed Hi-Torque Belt when I saw this Safariland holster in Carbon fiber that looks like it will match the Chainmail finish on my Comp-Tac products. 

Forget about color for a minute, which belt is the better competition belt?  They are both inner and out belt systems.  I have heard great things about the CR belt.  Very stiff and solid product CR.  I don't know much about the Safariland product, but I bet that it is also a heck of a competition product.

So what do you think about Pink and blue?

I have both the CR Speed and the Safariland belts and imho the CR Speed is night and day better. The velcro is on the correct side o you can wear the underbelt without it attacking your clothes and the outer belt of the CR is much less flexible. My Safariland belt is about as flexxible as a canvas belt right now and it doesn't get a lot of use at this point.

Adam

Thanks for the input Adam. I did end up buying a CR speed but never use it. It doesn't seem to fit my Comp-Tac Locking paddle very well. Bluntly I think that the holster is more secure on the Wilderness CSM that I wear. Like I said, I bought the CR Speed but don't use it.

Rick