Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which chokes should you have in your bag?

DrLove

Which briley chokes would u recommend for an fn slp? They have several different models. The browning ones for the slp right? The ones on brownells site seem like the ones I've seen people running but when u choose slp for briley site they don't list those. I don't want the ported as it mentioned they alter the poi of flitecontrol wads and I use them in some tactical courses. Which models do u recommend?

Which briley chokes would u recommend for an fn slp? They have several different models. The browning ones for the slp right? The ones on brownells site seem like the ones I've seen people running but when u choose slp for briley site they don't list those. I don't want the ported as it mentioned they alter the poi of flitecontrol wads and I use them in some tactical courses. Which models do u recommend?

As long as slugs are brought into the discussion, is there an optimum choke for shooting slugs, such as fiocchi reduced recoil ?

i have read that full chokes are likely to cause poor accuracy due to deformation of slug but wonder if a light modified is best as a rule of thumb. Was going to try modified choke yesterday in comparison to light modified but ran out of slugs.

I am certainly not a shotgun expert, but I am going to guess the right answer here is "it depends on your gun." Because I had already decided Light Mod would be my most common choke, that is what I used to establish POI for slugs. After that, I tested my other chokes and found no appreciable difference in impact point at 50 yards using Skeet or Light Full.

thanks. will leave the lm choke in place for sat match which has a 75 yard slug target. may experiment with various chokes to see if accuracy varies. with a single front bead i need all the accuracy i can get! may place a drop of paint on rib for a mid rib reference.

Also have heard that the different chokes will have an noticeable effect on the flitecontrol wads and hence influence the patterns downrange... Has anybody experienced this? Which choke/s would be the best to get the most out of the flitecontrol wad? I'm guessing they are designed to be shot through an unrestricted barrel but is there a choke limit before the pattern is effected? Obviously I will test this for myself with my gun but wondering if anyone has any experience that would shed some light regarding the slp

Also have heard that the different chokes will have an noticeable effect on the flitecontrol wads and hence influence the patterns downrange... Has anybody experienced this? Which choke/s would be the best to get the most out of the flitecontrol wad? I'm guessing they are designed to be shot through an unrestricted barrel but is there a choke limit before the pattern is effected? Obviously I will test this for myself with my gun but wondering if anyone has any experience that would shed some light regarding the slp

IC is the best choke for the flitecontrol wad I have found. LM isn't bad but opens up the pattern just a little. The tighter chokes squish the wad and it looses all its FC magic causing the pattern to open up.