Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Introducing PractiScore

Brian N.

Maybe I'm slow, but how do I get data from Practiscore to EZWinscore?

BB

I'm documenting that this weekend.

If you've used the PALM systems, it is the same set of files. They are shared via Itunes file sharing, or via e-mail. You then put them in a directory and point ezwinscore at them.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BB

If you've used the PALM systems, it is the same set of files. They are shared via Itunes file sharing, or via e-mail. You then put them in a directory and point ezwinscore at them.

We've never used the palms. I managed to get it to export registration, but I'm lost on the stage scores. That's a shame, too, because in the dummy match I just created, I put up some impressive scores!

BB

We've never used the palms. I managed to get it to export registration, but I'm lost on the stage scores. That's a shame, too, because in the dummy match I just created, I put up some impressive scores!

So you got the registration into ezWinScore. That's a good start.

What you would want to do next is:

a) in match setup make sure the Palm directory points to where these files are.

B) choose the Palm menu, and then import stages.

c) Once stages are done, the import Scores button will be available. Click it.

done!

Now... you don't need ezWinScore unless you are doing a classifier. And that is only because they won't let us generate the classifier file that is uploaded to USPSA.org. We generate it, actually, but that feature is disable pending their permission.

So for non classifier match you don't need ezWinScore at all. I never use it except a few days after the classifier match when I import the registration from PractiScore, Scores, and then upload it to USpSA.org

My goal is to have upload to the USPSA system directly, so no hassles, just click and done.

Ken N.

Edited by Ken N.

Excellent. Not sure I want other people looking at my iPhonerolleyes.gif, but not needing stylus, is great. Gettting USPSA to upload direct from iOS is crucial. Windows computers shouldn't be necessary . Is there some reason they don't want to do that? This is the best scoring program. I have never liked the Palm based. Our President and all those who upload the data like Palm, but it has been a PITA. All you Android people - go Apple. It is just better. Thank you so much for doing this, no amount of sponsorship can compensate for the work in this. Thank you again. An iPad as base station would be my way. Going to email our AD and USPSA to give it a 5* rating and make some suggestions....... This looks really great. Is great. bow.gif

Excellent. Not sure I want other people looking at my iPhonerolleyes.gif, but not needing stylus, is great. Gettting USPSA to upload direct from iOS is crucial. Windows computers shouldn't be necessary . Is there some reason they don't want to do that? This is the best scoring program. I have never liked the Palm based. Our President and all those who upload the data like Palm, but it has been a PITA. All you Android people - go Apple. It is just better. Thank you so much for doing this, no amount of sponsorship can compensate for the work in this. Thank you again. An iPad as base station would be my way. Going to email our AD and USPSA to give it a 5* rating and make some suggestions....... This looks really great. Is great. bow.gif

Off topic: Yeah, I'm not sure my wife would appreciate others seeing what she'll be wearing later in evening when she sext's me. :lol:

Back on topic:

It would be great if this system is adopted quickly. I think having both iOS and Android will cover most of the market, despite Win7 phones making in roads this year. It would be nice to not be in stats shack at my home club's matches (except when it's raining sheets or it's 29 degrees outside).

you know that saying "beggars can't be choosers"?

I don't suppose there is anything out there mini-printer wise where a shooter could walk off a stage with something like a receipt that says, "Your raw time is: _____ . You shot 13 A's, 4 B's 6's C's, 1 D, 2 Mikes, and 2 procedurals. Your hit factor is _______ ." I am only asking about this for Level II and above matches.

Everything I see about importing a registration file says to output a pss.txt file from ezwinscore. When I go to export registration info, it does so in a reg.txt file. How exactly do I create a pss.txt file?

Sorry... it's reg.txt

Sigh... that's what I get for trying to answer quickly while waiting for a play to start...

I'm going to bite the bullet and document this part tonight, not over the weekend. I'll post when it is updated.

Ken N.

you know that saying "beggars can't be choosers"?

I don't suppose there is anything out there mini-printer wise where a shooter could walk off a stage with something like a receipt that says, "Your raw time is: _____ . You shot 13 A's, 4 B's 6's C's, 1 D, 2 Mikes, and 2 procedurals. Your hit factor is _______ ." I am only asking about this for Level II and above matches.

There are wifi printers that work with ipads, but it is tricky to setup and pricey.

In practice, at larger matches, we use paper and write down that information. It doesn't slow the stage down at all.

Longer term I think there will be print options, but also, in the short term, the scores will be e-mailed or texted which could suffice as well.

Ken N.

Can't wait to try the app in tandem with our paper scoring at the match this Sunday. I'll only be scoring the squad I'm in, but still should be interesting.

If I register a shooter on the phone I have no way to indicate their Division, PF, Age (Senior, Junior, Super Senior) or Sex (Lady). Right now everyone is set to Open division, Male, Senior, shooting Major. Is that going to be changed so I can update those fields on the phone or will I have to enter them first in ezWinScore and then import the registration data to the phone?

Edited by jdphotoguy

Can't wait to try the app in tandem with our paper scoring at the match this Sunday. I'll only be scoring the squad I'm in, but still should be interesting.

If I register a shooter on the phone I have no way to indicate their Division, PF, Age (Senior, Junior, Super Senior) or Sex (Lady). Right now everyone is set to Open division, Male, Senior, shooting Major. Is that going to be changed so I can update those fields on the phone or will I have to enter them first in ezWinScore and then import the registration data to the phone?

Yes - you can change everything about their registration.

Just click on the field in question. For instance, Division, and it will offer a pull down list of the Divisions to choose from. Same with PF, Age, and Sex.

I may have to do a video on that part. It is easy, but perhaps not obvious to those who haven't used an iPhone that those are pull down options.

Ken N.

Yes - you can change everything about their registration.

Just click on the field in question. For instance, Division, and it will offer a pull down list of the Divisions to choose from. Same with PF, Age, and Sex.

I may have to do a video on that part. It is easy, but perhaps not obvious to those who haven't used an iPhone that those are pull down options.

Ken N.

OK you can smack me, but I could have sworn, that when I was initially adding the folks that will be in my squad I was only presented with the following fields: First Name, Last Name, USPSA ID and EZWinScore Shooter #. But now that I've gone back to either edit a shooter or add a new shooter, all the fields are available.

Other than hoping we start using this asap the only thing I would change is the default selection for age. Most shooters are adult not senior so it would be one less field to edit. I am nit picking, and there may not even be a nit to pick once you get the regulars in the "club" and you don't have to type in 50 shooters.

Thank you for your work on this.

Other than hoping we start using this asap the only thing I would change is the default selection for age. Most shooters are adult not senior so it would be one less field to edit. I am nit picking, and there may not even be a nit to pick once you get the regulars in the "club" and you don't have to type in 50 shooters.

Thank you for your work on this.

I'm embarrassed to say that has been on our todo list for sometime, just overlooked. It's easy to overlook because it always remembers the last settings you had for a shooter, so the problem goes away when you fix it.

We've just submitted a new version to the App Store. I'll make sure this is in the next one.

And why am I up at 3AM? Cause I remembered I was supposed to squad the Area 1 wait list tonight... )=:

Ken N.

Edited by Ken N.

I updated the manual, wrote a how-to on ezWinScore import/export. The engineers also fixed a couple bugs identified today by early downloaders.

http://mim.io/c00642

has the e-mail update announcing these. You can sign up at practiscore.com

P.S. Android beta is public tomorrow.

Ken N.

Any way we can be able to download the videos to be able to show to trainees at the range where there might not be an internet connection?

Could you set the app to default to adult, instead of senior?

BB

BB

Go back up about five posts. He said it would be fixed in the next update.

I have never used a palm.

If I am using three or four different iphones, can I simply have them email me the scores and place all of those import files into the directory where I pointed ezwinscore to look for the palm files? Do I have to import data from one handheld at a time (remove the files from the first one before replacing them with the second handheld's data)?

Everything looks good, the instructions just need to be a little clearer. For instance in my version of exwinscore I don't have MATCH--Setup Mine is under Setup--Match info. Also, mine says HANDHELD instead of PALM.

I think the videos will help.

BB

Go back up about five posts. He said it would be fixed in the next update.

I have never used a palm.

If I am using three or four different iphones, can I simply have them email me the scores and place all of those import files into the directory where I pointed ezwinscore to look for the palm files? Do I have to import data from one handheld at a time (remove the files from the first one before replacing them with the second handheld's data)?

Everything looks good, the instructions just need to be a little clearer. For instance in my version of exwinscore I don't have MATCH--Setup Mine is under Setup--Match info. Also, mine says HANDHELD instead of PALM.

I think the videos will help.

What version of ezWinScore is it?

I'll post downloadable links to the videos on www.practiscore.com/support/ a bit later this morning.

Ken N.

Ken N.

New Android beta version available for direct download at www.practiscore.com

This matches the features of the iOS version, except for Class and Category Match Result breakout. All other features are in there.

It is well tested in the lab, but not, yet, out at a full match. Feedback welcome.

Ken N.

TY64062

I have just played with it a little on my Android phone. It seems like a great system. Looking forward to trying it in a match, if I can get some support from others in the club.

A few quick suggestions:

On the scoring screen, show the shooter's division (so RO can count rounds and evaluate equipment location). Also, show the squad number and allow changes there.

From the target scoring screen, have a button that goes directly to review score (so don't have to back out to main scoring screen and then to review score screen).

From the review score screen and also the details screen, have a save button (same reason, less screen movement).

On the shooter/squad screen for each stage, have the shooters that have completed the stage show up in green or some other color, so it's easier for old eyes to see who's left.

Thanks for all the work you have put into this. It's a great service to the USPSA community!

BTW, I saw in the manual that you guys are working on a stage design program. I hope you have looked at or will look at StageCad. It's a great concept that, unfortunately, has a bunch of bugs and hasn't kept up to date. I use it despite the bugs.

New Android beta version available for direct download at www.practiscore.com

This matches the features of the iOS version, except for Class and Category Match Result breakout. All other features are in there.

It is well tested in the lab, but not, yet, out at a full match. Feedback welcome.

Ken N.

TY64062