Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Swapping grips on a glock

Start from beginning. The original grip off my glock 35 was stippled an finger grooves removed.now I'm wanting to sell that gun I swapped grips with a g17 my beside gun, which changes serial # of gun from g35 40 cal to a g17 9mm is this legal to sell cause serial # is on the grips. I know lone wolf diss sells there own glock grips. Basically want to know is this jail time to do this, thanks any help is much appreciated. An I bought both guns new

You're thinking about it the wrong way. The grip (AKA the frame) IS the gun. So what I'm saying is.... you didn't swap frames. You swapped slides. There is no problem selling the G35 frame with the G17 slide on top. If your state requires a background check, just make sure you make the sale at a FFL who can run a BGC on the buyer.

the serial numbered reciever is the firearm. in this case that entails the grip frame of a glock. so long as you dont create a machine gun, or short barreled rifle or some other such thing that is regulated, swapping parts is no problem.

• 1 month later...
On 8/1/2016 at 9:06 AM, ClangClang said:

You're thinking about it the wrong way. The grip (AKA the frame) IS the gun. So what I'm saying is.... you didn't swap frames. You swapped slides. There is no problem selling the G35 frame with the G17 slide on top. If your state requires a background check, just make sure you make the sale at a FFL who can run a BGC on the buyer.

This is absolutely correct...it's the same premise as people building AR15 rifles.  The stripped serialized low IS the gun.   Everything else is peripheral.