Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scorpion owners?

Got the HB trigger and springs on the way. Put about 100 Rds of my 125 and 115 Carry Optics load through the scorpion.

Was really surprised how much  recoil impulse there was. Need to chrono these... Going to take some work on my grip/hold.

Double taps were am issue because of the movement. Single on the steel plates are good.

Faster with my pistol.

I'm not a fan of the HBi spring kit. The trigger return spring is too week and doesn't always reset. The best thing I have done is put a Zhukov stock on with the Side Project LLC adapter, love the cheek weld I get one it with an MRO. I have Taccom "coupler" and printed the extensions so I'm good on that front.

Need to get the taccom mag well and CZ custom trigger and I'll be done with it.

Took it to the range today with the chrono. Had several old loads that were already loaded. One is a soft 900fps in my pistol and my 1100 fps competition load.

The 900 clocked 1080 in the scorpion and the 1100 load was 1180.

The 1080 load was a blast to shoot and was amazed at the difference in the feel and recoil.

This thing is so fun. Awesome split times for me on the steel plate rack with the red dot. It was literally a sweeping motion. This thing can eat some ammo!

I would t worry about loading two different loads for the scorpion.

I shoot the same 130 PF 147 loads. (I don't like changing my press lol) these loads are extremely accurate out of the scorpion.

I did talk to a guy at a match today that is loading his own load for the EVO. He's using 115's at 130 PF and said that the light fast bullets removes almost all of the recoil from the scorpion and he is faster than his heavier bullet loads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My biggest recommendation is to not shoot coated lead with Titgroup especially in the carbine.  I had serious lead issues in the barrel and muzzle break.  With my pistol the barrel never got bad but the linear comp was completely coated on the inside.   I switched back to the OEM flash hider.

My upgrades are Yeti Switch back grip and mag release.  Right side safety delete and magpul AFG.  The CZC trigger and polish job is fantastic.  If you plan on competing its worth the money. 

I could not get the CZC +20 mag extensions to work.   The Taylor Freelance +10 seem to work so far.   You need to keep the mags clean and run long COL.  Right now I am running Berry's 124 HBRN at 1.160.  I tried RMR 124 match but they could only load to 1.132 and would not run reliably with the TF mag extensions.    The 30 round mags have run everything I have put through them.   

Malfunctions with the extended mags would result in a round at a 45 degree angel with bullet tip stuck against the outside of the top of the chamber.   The round in the photo is the 124 RMR loaded to 1.132.  With even shorter bullets, SNS 124 RN COL 1.090, the bullet would be side ways against the chamber.  Malfunction would happen in the first 6 rounds.

I am still waiting on my tax stamp for the pistol.  I am still undecided on SBR vs carbine.  I am leaning toward SBR. 

Photo Feb 24, 5 33 36 PM.jpg

Photo Feb 24, 5 33 39 PM.jpg

52 minutes ago, brisix said:

My biggest recommendation is to not shoot coated lead with Titgroup especially in the carbine.  I had serious lead issues in the barrel and muzzle break.  With my pistol the barrel never got bad but the linear comp was completely coated on the inside.   I switched back to the OEM flash hider.

My upgrades are Yeti Switch back grip and mag release.  Right side safety delete and magpul AFG.  The CZC trigger and polish job is fantastic.  If you plan on competing its worth the money. 

I could not get the CZC +20 mag extensions to work.   The Taylor Freelance +10 seem to work so far.   You need to keep the mags clean and run long COL.  Right now I am running Berry's 124 HBRN at 1.160.  I tried RMR 124 match but they could only load to 1.132 and would not run reliably with the TF mag extensions.    The 30 round mags have run everything I have put through them.   

Malfunctions with the extended mags would result in a round at a 45 degree angel with bullet tip stuck against the outside of the top of the chamber.   The round in the photo is the 124 RMR loaded to 1.132.  With even shorter bullets, SNS 124 RN COL 1.090, the bullet would be side ways against the chamber.  Malfunction would happen in the first 6 rounds.

I am still waiting on my tax stamp for the pistol.  I am still undecided on SBR vs carbine.  I am leaning toward SBR. 

Photo Feb 24, 5 33 36 PM.jpg

Photo Feb 24, 5 33 39 PM.jpg

Had a similar problem with the CZC mag extentions with the 30 rnd mags so I installed them on the 20 rnd mags and they run flawless

11 hours ago, Big Dog Howie said:

Had a similar problem with the CZC mag extentions with the 30 rnd mags so I installed them on the 20 rnd mags and they run flawless

Same for me.  I prefer the TF +10 on the 30 vs the +20 on the 20.   Both work equally well for a 40 round mag.