Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ P-09 rear sight

joeg

Cagen has one for a cz 75 is 90 bucks i got it put it on a p09 fits just fine other than hangs over the back alittle no big deal to me. now the problem,  the front factory sight is not tall enought so now am going to call dawson and get a taller front sight 

the 75 adjustable we have will sit a little high on the slide as the P07/P09 dovetail is shallow.

our sight is also sold as set, and the front sight included needs the front sight pin which the P07/P09 doesnt have.

sorry.

4 minutes ago, joeg said:

So, you have a rear adjustable sight that will fit the PO9 but will sit high but no front sight tall enough for the rear?  

we have a sight set for the 75 pistols. rear and front sight ( 9.5)

the P09 uses a front sight that only needs a set screw. we only are producing that in 5.5, 6.0, 6.5 and 7.0.

The whole idea behind the adjustable sight is to get my gun sighted at 20yrds.  Thats optimum for me.  Would you happen to know, with the rear sight you listed above, what height from sight i would need to get the gun zeroed at that distance?  That really what Im trying to achieve...  

I amg going to ordet a dawson front sight that measures .225 inched in hight measured from the slide to top or rear sight as per dawson instructions.  if im am right shiuld put point of inpact center at 15 yards with rear sight set right in the middle of its range of up and down adjustment

This is our 75 adjustable rear sight  ( set ) http://czcustom.com/zdl-75-adjust-rear-front-sight.html

it is matched  to 9.5mm tall front.

You can how shallow the P07/P09 dovetail is compared to the 75. kind of like the early P07 threaded barrel and LPA CZ used in the slide.

75  sight in p09 _DSC2150.jpg

We do a tall sight for the BUIS sights. which is 10mm tall. http://czcustom.com/czc-buis-front-sight-fiber-opti.html

buis_fiber_fo_front_10334__sdw4356.jpg

anyway..just some ideas.

Edited by eerw

On Monday, November 21, 2016 at 6:02 PM, joeg said:

i would like to know that.....keep us updated.  And, where did you get that adjustable sight?

+1

Maybe make a matched set for the P09, once an acceptable front sight height is decided upon ?

• 2 weeks later...
On Monday, November 21, 2016 at 5:58 PM, mro111lland said:

I amg going to ordet a dawson front sight that measures .225 inched in hight measured from the slide to top or rear sight as per dawson instructions.  if im am right shiuld put point of inpact center at 15 yards with rear sight set right in the middle of its range of up and down adjustment.

Any news on your front sight height results ?

I already ordered the rear sight.

Ok so i installed a .225 front sight with the adjustable rear took it out this weekned rear sigtht was centered shot 4 inches hi at 25 yards with rear sight all the way down will shoot point of aim at 25 but looks odd when u look throught the rear sigh so i am going to replaced the front sight with a .0335 see how that works. now i am shooting 124 grain bullets at around 1000 fps right at a 125 127 power factor have not tried any other ammo  i know 115 will shoot lower thatn 124 and hotter 124 will shoot lower so take that in to concideration when u order a front sight hope this helps thanks

• 3 weeks later...