Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ZEV questions

dlightning

I have been trying to get a clear answer from ZEV but the service is lacking.

I want a slide for a 35 cut with the SOCOM design. The phone rep said $425 then the phone went dead. The email was no help. It had no price at all on slide cut. My question is the price including a coat? I just want black.

Is there a good contact for them. I have tried both phone and email, I came away questioning myself why I would want their service. I have handled their weapon and it was fantastic.

They are super busy. I think many of the custom gun businesses quickly try to access if you are a serious customer or just a dreamer/shopper. If you call them up and say I need to have this done rather than I was curious about what this would cost.....you will likely get a better answer. I've never had any negative experiences with ZEV other than a gun not shipping as quickly as I thought it should have.

I'm pretty sure their slide cuts do include PVD coating.

I think I will. I really do like the work. I just need to know the price so I can weight my options. Do I get a frame and build up or do I buy a full weapon used and build up. Or there is a seller selling of two ZEV g35 on ar15 for $1600 each. It has most but not all I want. But I can live without some of the things I want. The biggest miss was the slide cut. I like the SOCOM but this has the Defender cut.

I had the chance to compare a ZEV 34 SOCOM vs a Salient 17. $1800 vs $2600. The ZEV was better in every aspect.

If anyone has gone done this route , please let me know how and what you did.

Much appreciated.

Dan

Exactly why I want to get a price. I did not know the prices of slide work. The order sheet had most things on it except slide info.

Did you bought your slide already finish or had it done. I have not been able to find a 35 slide just 34.

No worries I didn't think you were rude and rash.

I think that slide work cost more than buying a pre made slide. But I'll never know since they don't make the 35 slide for sale. At least I've not seen it recently. Thanks for the info

Dan

My G35 gen 4 stainless longshot slide from zev was $550 including DLC black finish. That's without a cut for an optic. Shipping was extra.

I wouldn't recommend anyone else doing it. There are tolerance issues with the slide that I could never get them to address to my satisfaction and the durability of the finish on it sucks. I don't know what their "DLC" is but it's nothing like the Ion Bond DLC on my other gun.

• 2 weeks later...