Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Swager tool for XL650

Does anyone have any experience with the swager attachment for the 650 and has it caused any damage to your press? I'm thinking single stage will take forever and want to get some feedback on quality and risk/reward of possibly voiding warranty. why does this void the warranty?

• 3 weeks later...

I have used the 650 swager quite a bit. It works fine if you don't have to load too much. We are two ipsc shooters in the family and it was too much stress on the press to swage 30.000/year. Especially the plastic index ring broke too often when I was in a hurry to prep cases for a match. Sold my 650 to a friend who doesn't load as much and bought a 1050. The seller of the 650 swager has excellent service however, my swager broke after maybe 1000 and one mail later I got spare parts sent to Sweden without any costs.

Edited by Jolin76

FWIW. I bought the RCBS swager and use it on a single stage Lee press. Works great for the small amount that I swage. It has a rod support in the unit. At first I thought I hadn't swaged the case enough because it was so easy. All the swaged cases accepted a new primer with out crushing. Easy setup. The unit you are talking about requires a complete breakdown of the primer system to install. I now decap and resize on the single stage , then swage and throw in the vibrater for cleaning prior to putting through my 550.