Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

what compensator do you use on the CORE or m&p PRO models

fxdc

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I'd love to hear about your experience, loads, etc. with the magna ported 4.25" core. That's something I'd like to do to mine.

My thought was to grab a new barrel and have the new one ported so I can stay in Limited/Lim-10 with the OEM barrel.

Mag-Na-Port, quadraport on my 5" CORE. Love it! 45% recoil reduction. It works.

Me too. Just got it last week and was surprised at how well the porting works. For minor-9 loads it is probably a better option than a separate muzzle compensator (though I'd give the muzzle compensator the edge for major-9 loads). As a bonus, the Mag-Na-Ported pistol securely fits in the same holster I use for my Tactical pistol. The price is comparable - about $290 for quad porting and shipping.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

I believe it took two weeks turn around. Cost was $100.00 and the work was factory perfect. Now with that said, turn around could vary based on time of year and how busy they are. Also, they cost may have been changed. Do a google search for them and give them a call, the lady there is very nice and will answer all your questions.

• 1 month later...

Just got my CORE back from MP QuadraPort - about $300 returned.

Shoots nice and flat, factory 115gr makes minor PF .............................

Edited by mwc5

Ok guys.... I went with a KKM comped barrel for the reason of being able to have conversion OPTIONS..... And just FYI.

Steel load... 3.5 tite group, 124gr X-Treme RN bullet, 950 avg. Mixed brass, WSP primers.

Shoots soft and FLAT. Spring wt. 12lbs. Runs 100%

Also my SP slide racker should be here today and will post a review on that.

A12243

fxdc: I'd like to see a photo of your open gun once it's complete. My next M&P purchase will be a CORE model.

For those of you that have had your M&P magnaported do they do different size ports or configurations based on you shooting a minor load versus a major load? I would be building my CORE as a steel gun where you don't have any power factors.

fxdc: I'd like to see a photo of your open gun once it's complete. My next M&P purchase will be a CORE model.

For those of you that have had your M&P magnaported do they do different size ports or configurations based on you shooting a minor load versus a major load? I would be building my CORE as a steel gun where you don't have any power factors.

Here is mine Magna Port and all.

Don't think so - MagnaPort decided dimensions, no options offered as far as I could find (except for "regular" MP of 2 ports, vs 4 ports for QuadraPort).

I have a Carver 3-port comp on a KKM barrel for my Open 9-Pro. With factory ammo for minor, I run a 12lb Wolff spring. Lately I have not been running the comp, but I do have a thumb pedal from Speed Ledge LLC to keep the nose flat. Once I get my reloading setup, I can make some gassier minor loads and some for major.

I just googled the speed ledge and it looks like it mite not work with some competition speed holsters????? What holster do you use?????

I just googled the speed ledge and it looks like it mite not work with some competition speed holsters????? What holster do you use?????

I have the older version 1 speed ledge. I use a Hogue PowerSpeed 500

attachicon.gifMP9_Open1.jpg

Edited by fdc1999

Well I use the same holster... Back when I got it it was call just the power speed and that's been at least 15yrs ago. Not sure what the diff is from ver 1 and 2 on the ledge though???? I maybe changing to a DAA Race master soon so I will hold off on that ledge.

Thanks for the info.