Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Boise, Idaho Matches?

I'll be in Boise, ID for some HP training from 04 January '04 - 16 January '04. Got some hockey planned (Boise vs Japan) and some snow tubing. Can I fit in some pistol shooting? Is there anything happening between those dates? Indoor, outdoor, I don't care...

-Chet

Chet --- you are in luck, there is a steel/fun match at the Nampa range (10 miles west of Boise) on 04 Jan. '04 and an IPSC match at the Emmett range (20 miles NW of Boise) on 12 Jan. '04. Both are held outdoors and shooting time starts at 10:00 a.m. SHARP!

I am the MD at the Emmett club and we typically shoot five stages 100-120 rounds. Match fees are $7, first timers shoot for free. Classifiers always get sent in on time! If you make the steel match at Nampa, bring at least 150 rounds and match fees are $10 and I *think* first timers shoot free.

Web sites are: www.GCRGC.org for the Emmett club and www.idahoshooters.com/ for Nampa. I am the section coordinator and my phone number is at the top of the Nampa web site, call me when you get here if you have any questions.

Hope to see ya soon!

• 4 weeks later...
Chet --- you are in luck, there is an IPSC match at the Emmett range (20 miles NW of Boise) on 11 Jan. '04. Both are held outdoors and shooting time starts at 10:00 a.m. SHARP!

Well, I travelled from Austin, Texas and shot the IPSC match in Emmett (near Boise, Idaho) in the cold and snow. I had a great time and the Idaho shooters were a great bunch.

Here's a web page of photos that I shot from the match.

-Chet

It was great gettin' to meet Chet --- and watching videos of IPSC action in Texas while at lunch. Ol' Shred appears to be quite the "Hozin' Machine" judging from the match I saw him shooting!

That's a Limited Glock, nuthin' special --- 24 top end, Vaneck trigger job, EGW magwell, Hi-Viz "Tactical Glock" front sight.

Sorry that Chet couldn't have brought that sunshine & blue skies from Texas with him, we could have used it! I think the cold affected all of our scores! And parts of our brains too!

Hope to see you again sometime Chet!

Flex --- I'm shootin' Zero 180's & 7625 in the 24, same bullet but 4756 in the 20, both at 171 PF. Since I took the file & solder gun to the 24's grip, it fits my hand far better than the 20; even with the slightly less aggressive grip reduction I gave to the 20. I did shoot an awfull lot of 40S&W (loaded long) through that 20, but the 24 feels totally different to me. Lots snappier and seems to have less muzzle flip. Putting on the EGW magwell gives support to my little finger & seems to help give me a more consistent grip as well as NPA.

Gonna stick with this 24 until at least 6:00 p.m. on April 25th. You oughtta come on out & shoot our "Glocks Only" state championship match April 25th --- we need some ass kickers out this way! And bring the rest of the "Buckeye Bullies" with ya!

7625 & 4756 ??? I thought those were race gun powders? (I'll bet you have a "little bit" of them on the shelf?)

I need to steal Jenny's G20 and give it a serious workout for a while. It doesn't fit her anyway. But, don't tell her that...she shoots well with it. I have the same issue that you mentioned...the width of the grip makes it index different for me (lots of work there that I'm not ready to do).

(she likes the feel of that mag-well you sold her, btw)

The Glock Only match sounds fun. If I ever get my ducks in a row I'll start making those kind of trips.