Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My job is in the way.

Ron Ankeny

I just hate that my job is less and less satisfying each day. I have been teaching in public schools for 31 years and I feel like the whole system is going down the toilet. Yeah, the community likes me, the kids are fun to work with, and I like to teach, but the excess bull crap is just depressing. So, I did what any sane 54 year old man would do in this crappy economy, I quit my job. Now that I think about it, this could just as easily go in the what I like forum. Maybe I'll run for school board and watch people squirm...

Huh! GM in six divisions on the horizon now eh? :bow:

How'd they take it at work? Gotta admit, we're feeling the repercusions here in Cody already; gonna be a stampede to Shoshoni to get that plum job! :P

I just hate that my job is less and less satisfying each day. I have been teaching in public schools for 31 years and I feel like the whole system is going down the toilet. Yeah, the community likes me, the kids are fun to work with, and I like to teach, but the excess bull crap is just depressing. So, I did what any sane 54 year old man would do in this crappy economy, I quit my job. Now that I think about it, this could just as easily go in the what I like forum. Maybe I'll run for school board and watch people squirm...

Sounds like the school board ( and students generally) really need you..... Perhaps you Can change the system...?

Ron, I too hate that the education system is going in that direction. Bailled before I finished my credential (cost me 2 years). I think that my dad summed up his feelings after retiring "I don't miss the circus, but I do miss some of the clowns (students)" :cheers:

Go for the School board, the wosrt that they can do is elect you :goof: