Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anybody ever do this?

Does it count if the gun is on order?

I've had a NM M1A on order for, well, a long time. I have a couple thousand rounds of ammo, and another couple hundred match rounds on hand. Even have a pile of mags, cleaning stuff, sling, tech manuals, etc. Just no rifle. :( Next thing to buy while I wait is some dies and brass...

-rvb

I've been doing it for years. If there is a smoking deal on any mildly popular caliber (even some unpopular calibers), I will pick up some. I figure that worst case, it makes good trading fodder. My gun collection tends to change a lot too, so I will sometimes end up with a gun to match the ammo I have.

I bought an LCP and can't find any ammo for it (thanks hoarders) I was able to put a couple of boxes through it before everything dried up. It seems like a nice little pistol although I have had one recall Ruger gave me a hat and extra magazine for my trouble and I had the gun back in a few days. The biggest problem is you forget you have the thing in your pocket its almost gone on the Maytag ride a couple of times. Well Bart if I decide to keep this new open gun in 38 SC maybe I should trade you my LCP for Super Comp brass seeing as how you have something to shoot out of it.

Tim

I've been toying with the idea of getting either a Kahr P380 or a Ruger LCP even though I'm generally opposed to mouseguns. I've found that when I'm walking around here in the cold, I have a big heavy jacket on, and I want to put my hands in my jacket pockets. If one of said hands was on a mousegun, it might not be a bad setup for those times I don't have the time to get to the big gun. Both of these are .380s and as most folks know, it's very hard to find .380 ammo right now.

I shot a match today and the club has an ammo/powder/shot/etc store. They had a pile of Speer Gold Dot .380 ammo. I asked, and the woman said I could buy as much as I wanted...so I grabbed four boxes. For a gun I don't even own yet.

Clearly, it's a sickness :roflol:

G-Main I like the name mouseguns..Just a suggestion but check out the Sig P238 in 380 nice piece and with night sights you can actually hit what you aim at. looked at both Kahr & Lcp ended up with P238

Well Bart if I decide to keep this new open gun in 38 SC maybe I should trade you my LCP for Super Comp brass seeing as how you have something to shoot out of it.

Tim

LOL....that I could do. I forgot about a brass backorder and suddenly I've got several thousand new 38SC cases I wasn't expecting :P

I find that buying ammo for guns I don't have is a great way to justify future purchases :D

Exactly. I remember a smoking deal on some ammo a few years back. I didn't have a pistol to shoot that caliber with but was thinking that I could get one...

G-Main I like the name mouseguns..Just a suggestion but check out the Sig P238 in 380 nice piece and with night sights you can actually hit what you aim at. looked at both Kahr & Lcp ended up with P238

The P238 is a nice gun, but it weighs over an ounce more than my PM9 (both unloaded). No reason to carry a .380 when you can carry a 9 with just as many shots at the same, or slightly less, weight.

I'm also looking for a true pocket pistol that's not going to be carried in a holster...for that I prefer DAO. I'm not too concerned about the sights. It's something that would only get used at contact distances. If a bad guy is any farther away I'll be going for the big gun (usually G23). R,

I have the Kel-tec also. The Ruger DOES feel better, look better, and get more trips back to Ruger, it seems. I've shot 2 LCPs. Both had to do a trip back to Ruger.

My Kel-tec has about 300 rounds thru it. Works as advertised.

I did pick up the Ruger LCR though. Its a nice gun. The trigger is much lighter than the J-frame and its seems to be perfect for my pocket carry.

I've been picking up 308 ammo and have nothing to shoot it out of.............. yet. :ph34r:

I bought a bunch of 308 a few years back just knowing that one day I would own one. Finally was forced to buy an M1A from a friend a little while back who needed money. Boy was I glad I bought that ammo. Now I just need to get some 50BMG and see if any screaming good deals fall from the sky :)

As you can see from the responses, you are not alone.

I decided I wanted to get a Sig P238. Looked around for deal/availability. I found some Magtech 380 ammo for break-in, and a bunch of Gold Dot at good prices. I bought the ammo, and put an order in to Brian for Dillon dies, shellplate and case gauge. Maybe I was in the "If you build it he will come" mode....

Anyway, I got the Sig weeks later, and was able to start break-in the next day!