Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I have found something nearly as addicting as shooting...

RAZZ

DIY KYDEX!

Here are the two most recent products of my new time-consuming hobby.

A DOH-type for a 92FS

DSCF0003-2.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

And an IWB for a single stack

IMG_5459.jpg

Making stuff is neat.

Edited by RAZZ

Not sure if I would ever go into business...I now understand why a simple kydex holster is so darn expensive. Its not because they cost a lot to make, but because they are labor intensive. I could probably make some in my spare time for half what a company charges and be happy with that--but you're really not paying yourself to do the work.

What cha want Nemo--I'd be happy to make something for you or the boys :)

Edited by RAZZ

Pretty smooth. How long does it take to build up a holster?

The DOH-type took me about 4ish hours. The IWB took a little longer, but these were only my 2nd and 3rd holsters I've made, so I'm still learning. I suspect I could get it down to around 2.5 hours per holster once I get everything figured out. Having the proper tools helps to make things go faster--and I don't have the proper tools.

Here's my first one. A belt holster for my G21. It was my first, so it looks a little rough, but it carries the gun so well and is so thin (compared to a leather holster) that it immediately became my off-duty holster of choice.

DSCF0001-2.jpg

DSCF0002-2.jpg

Edited by RAZZ

Here is one I knocked out this morning. A DOH-type for my G34 that I'm going to use for production division this year. This one turned out really nice, and its the first one I've made that I would consider 'sellable' should I decide to do it.

ETA: I see the paint is still a little wet on the bottom screw--I should be more patient :)

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

Edited by RAZZ