Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

swapping for 92D spring

sfort

I'm thinking about doing a trigger job on my 92FS and was wondering about the 92D spring? does it make a difference in the pull/feel? Or should I get a complete kit? Also, who makes the best kit/parts?

Edited by sfort

I'm thinking about doing a trigger job on my 92FS and was wondering about the 92D spring? does it make a difference in the pull/feel? Or should I get a complete kit? Also, who makes the best kit/parts?

The D spring is a great start

you can polish different fire control parts too. I personally think the metal triggers that are available (If you dont have one) reduce a very small amount of ngative flex in the trigger pull.

also a lighter Elite II hammer or a 92D bobbed hammer help your trigger pull as little.

eventually the hammer spring will tak a set and you will notice a reduction in stacking on our DA trigger pull.

I would recommend you polish your own sear, hammer, and trigger before you buy a kit, I dont think its any better than a little polish and lots of dry firing

For competition use, the D spring is still heavier than necessary. I use a 15lb 1911 spring. You can go even lighter and cut those springs down a coil or two (worked for me for thousands of rounds w/ Fed primers). Just for my own preference I went back to a full-length 15lb 1911 spring, but it's still lighter than the D spring.

I agree on the metal trigger. The plastic one is not bad, but after a good trigger job you can notice the flex.

I kept all factory fire control parts in my EII. Just polished things up really well, cut the hammer hooks back to ~0.020, and put a small secondary angle on the sear. With the cut-down 1911 spring and some good polishing, the DA trigger could compete w/ most well worked over revolvers.

-rvb

• 2 weeks later...

Here is comparison between stock, "D" spring, and Olhasso comp spring.

Statistics of three springs:

92FS--Trigger pull factory spring = DA 11.8lb

SA = 5.55lb

Trigger pull with "D" spring DA = 8.10lb

SA = 4.00lb

Trigger pull with "Comp" spring DA =8.0

SA = 3.8