Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nexus One!

MoNsTeR

$529 plus tax (grrr) with free overnight shipping (yay). It sounds like a lot, but the important detail is that T-Mobile has a different set of plans that don't require a contract. So when you run the numbers it turns out like so:

2x$180 subsidized phone price plus 2 years of 750 minutes/unlimited text&data at $140/m = $3720

2x$530 unlocked phone price plus 2 years of 750 minutes/unlimited text&data at $110/m = $3700

It's fast. Very noticeably faster than my friend's G1, and even a little faster than my other friend's Droid. Most of the time it feels just as snappy as a current iPhone.

It's fast. Very noticeably faster than my friend's G1, and even a little faster than my other friend's Droid. Most of the time it feels just as snappy as a current iPhone.

Due mostly to the 1 GHz :surprise: Snapdragon processor. That is a powerful phone/computer. I love my Droid, but wish I had held out juuuuust a little bit longer for the Nexus One. Be eligible for upgrade in 8 months, maybe Google will have taken over the rest of the world by then;-)

Edited by Heckler

The processor makes it a little bit faster than the DROID, but the Android 2.1 operating system is the real kicker for speed. Droid should get the update this month. Also if you wait until spring the Nexus 1 will be coming to Verizon. TMobile coverage is worse than AT&T in my area. I think Google is well on it's way to taking over the world.

We'll just have to wait and see about that. My Eris is a bit sluggish, and the Android 2.1 update is coming so I'll let you know if anything changes when that happens.

I would think it's the processor that makes all the difference, not the OS ..... but I could be wrong. :rolleyes:

From what I have been reading the SnapDragon is only a little faster than the one in the Droid. I'm still in my 30 day window for a return, so I'm really watching how the 2.1 upgrade improves the Droid. Although my droid does not have any lag at all once I ditched the Home++ app.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I have been reading the SnapDragon is only a little faster than the one in the Droid. I'm still in my 30 day window for a return, so I'm really watching how the 2.1 upgrade improves the Droid. Although my droid does not have any lag at all once I ditched the Home++ app.

Fireant, the specs say the Droid has a 528mhz processor, the Iphone a 600mhz, and the Nexus 1 a 1000mhz processor. Thats a whole lot more than the Droid.

Anyways .... tomorrow has been rumored to be the day the Droid gets it's OTA (over the air) update to Android 2.0/2.1 so we will just have to wait and see what happens then. :rolleyes: