Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aftermarket slide in production

Pro2AInPA

Would it be legal to run a Lone Wolf G34 slide on my G17L frame in production?

I don't see anyone that sells OEM Glock slides, so LW is the best option.

The rules state that as long as it's the same length, contour, etc it's legal. But what is meant by contour? The Lone Wolf slides look slightly different at the muzzle end. :wacko:

Also, are CR speed mag pouches legal in production?

Edited by Pro2AInPA

I'm not sure about the slide.

I think any mag pouch is legal in production but you can't place them any further forward then your hip bone.

You might want to check out other mag pouches that are slimmer like a Ready Tactical. A slim pouch in production helps becasue your placing quite a few on your belt (most production rigs include as many as four mags). The more you have the further around your hip they go. With wide pouches they end up making it pretty far around your hip which adds to the difficulty of grabbing them. Just my $0.02.

The rules state that as long as it's the same length, contour, etc it's legal. But what is meant by contour? The Lone Wolf slides look slightly different at the muzzle end. :wacko:

Glockmeister may sell top ends --- but for the price you're close to a new gun. Top ends, slides occasionally come through the classifieds here. The Lone Wolf -- if different (front serrations?) -- would not pass muster in Production....

Glockmeister may sell top ends --- but for the price you're close to a new gun. Top ends, slides occasionally come through the classifieds here. The Lone Wolf -- if different (front serrations?) -- would not pass muster in Production....

Yeah they have front serrations. Oh well, it was a good thought. :wacko:

Honestly, I'd look for a used 34 or 17, slap some sights on it, polish the trigger, add a 3.5 lb connector if it doesn't have one, maybe add some grip tape, and go to town....

CR Speed pouches are fine in production by the way --- as long as they're behind the front of the hipbone....

Honestly, I'd look for a used 34 or 17, slap some sights on it, polish the trigger, add a 3.5 lb connector if it doesn't have one, maybe add some grip tape, and go to town....

CR Speed pouches are fine in production by the way --- as long as they're behind the front of the hipbone....

Or you can shoot just G-35 in production.

I don't think it would even go that far. The 17L is not on the approved list, and USPSA only recognizes what the frame was sold as (for lack of a better description), not how you have it configured....so I don't think even a standard Glock 17 slide/barrel on a 17L would be truly 100% legal. I doubt anybody would ever get caught as there's no way to tell by looking, but technically, it wouldn't be allowed. R,

Please don't take this the wrong way.  I really am trying to be helpful.

You seem to be putting a lot of effort trying to make your gun something it isn't:  production legal.  I know you are a student on a budget, so why not just shoot it in L-10.  Either that or trade it for a gun that is production legal.  In the long run I think you will spend more money trying to put top end x on frame y, and potentially end up shooting in open if someone figures out everything isn't kosher.