Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need Single Stack Airsoft gun

Corey

after looking around at some potential airsoft packages i have come up with these two potential options:

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id=32030

http://www.mannyusa.com/Firearms_Training/...ian1911BRB.html

The one from airsoftextreme comes with 3 mags which i like, but the one from Manny looks to be a better all around unit but costs a little more and doesnt have the extra mag with it.

Which would be the better option? any others that I dont know about??

thanks!

looks like im gonna go with Manny on this one.

thankks

Call him instead of ordering through the website. I ordered one from him a few months ago and he had some additional models. He may have a couple to choose from with minor variations that might matter to you. I got one with rubber Pachmayr grips similar to my .45 SS.

unfortunately im already looking at some of the BAM targets, maybe even gonna get a star....i feel like my free time is quickly being claimed and i dont even have my stuff yet, lol

Corey,

I bought a 2011 copy from MannyUSA, and have been happy with it thus far. I would suggest that you get:

1) The gun you desire

2) More mags than you think you'll need (they are somewhat fragile, and don't work well when they get cold)

3) Plenty of gas and bb's (way more than you think you'll need)

4) Targets. We ordered the plate rack from Drazy Metal Works, and it's AWESOME!

I shot my targets from Manny too close (~15 feet) and it ended up breaking the "gel" target and the "bullseye" target within the first 48 hours. Manny was a very stand up guy and offered to replace them at no charge, as long as I promised not to shoot them so closely next time.

I've learned the following about Airsoft since I got mine:

1) The mags are very temperature sensitive. As you shoot the gun, the escaping gas greatly cools the mag. As the temperatures drop, so does the pressure (there's a chemistry equation that explains this PV=nRT), and the gun doesn't want to work correctly. I bought a cheap heating pad (like you'd use on a sore shoulder) from a drug store, and use it to keep my mags warm to the touch. This helps them last longer, and shoot faster.

2) The propane gas isn't what it's cracked up to be. I tried the adapter from Manny (plastic) and it tended to leak. Manny provided me with an aluminum one too, and it was a little bit better, but still tended to leak propane when filling the mags. I plan on just buying the canned airsoft gas (~$8 / 3500 rounds) in the future, and not worrying about trying to save a few bucks using propane.

3) Manny Bragg is as nice as everyone says he is. He's been absolutely great to deal with, and I would deal with him again in the future.

Good luck on your Airsoft gun, I'm sure you'll have a great time with it!

Sincerely,

Chuck

Thanks for the info Chuck. Ive seen a video about the heating pad idea to keep them warm and thought it looked like a really good idea. im getting 3 mags to start with so that will help there too-i can have 2 in the pad while i use one, then rotate them around. ive got a couple places in my area that do a lot of airsoft stuff, altho not for our purposes. Im sure i can find BBs and gas there withouth having to pay shipping. im looking into the adapter idea, its worth a shot until it doesnt work for me i guess, haha.

as for targets, im looking into a variety of things including some steel and swingers. I need to figure out a good way to get paper too. id like actual cardboard, but ehhh, im cheap at times so i may just print out some shruken targets on paper :) one thing i need to do is make a frame to hang a backdrop on so missed BBs dont go bouncing around my den (uhhh, i mean training facility).

Im really looking forward to getting this going :):):)

I need to figure out a good way to get paper too. id like actual cardboard, but ehhh, im cheap at times so i may just print out some shruken targets on paper :) one thing i need to do is make a frame to hang a backdrop on so missed BBs dont go bouncing around my den (uhhh, i mean training facility).

I haven't had much time to get into it yet, but I'm making some light weight target boxes for 8.5x11 paper with reduced size targets printed on them. The box is about about 5d x 10w x 13h and the front has an 8w x 10h opening. I stuff packing foam in the box, then tape a paper target over the front opening. A paper target is good for about 30 shots or so, and I figure that if I shoot badly enough to miss the whole target then I deserve to chase down the BBs scattered over the floor. I'm using 3/16 gatorfoam (a rigid foam board with smooth veneer surface) assembled with duct tape. Some of the pellets were embedded into the back piece so I changed it to 3mm sintra (a hard plastic sheet) but it is still light enough that it doesn't need a sturdy stand. I have set them on cardboard tubes. For me it is all scrap material from work but you can probably get it or something similar from an art supply store.

Here is picture after a test run shooting from 10ft:

post-11830-1262717244_thumb.jpg

I like the target frame you made! It looks simple and durable enough, without being overly heavy. I've also tried some USPSA targets from:

www.BradsAirsoftTargets.com

I was a little underwhelmed, as the targets were very tiny. They're not a bad deal; they're only like $17 each. If I were building a target, I'd love to see someone build a USPSA target with just the A B and C zones out of ~1/8" aluminum like what Drazy Metal Works uses for their plate rack targets. They are durable, and ring well enough you can tell that you hit them. I'd also like them to be the same scale (1/4 scale) as the poppers that I have on my Drazy plate rack. For stands, I'd probably just use PVC target stands.

That box idea seems very simple :) i may try something that for starters. looks like the paper target may be the hardest for me to make, as it seems everyone makes sized-down steel for this purpose, haha. gonna check some PVC pricing at a few places on my day off tomorrow

got my pistol package from Manny! simply awesome. one small hangup....the rail on the gun wont allow it to fit my Bladetech holster im using for competition. any ideas on how to mill the rail down enough to make it fit. just got at it with a dremel or what?

And as for the discussion above about wanting my targets, its looking like close to $300 for the ones i want, haha. gotta love new hobbies....just wont tell the gf how much this one is ;)