Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CJRPC shuts down the Pits--Where do we shoot form here?

NJGlockGirl

(I'm not sure WHERE this was/is supposed to be posted, and since I am mainly concerned about USPSA matches, no longer being held...... I am also bothered by, the lack of ANY shooting at CJ. It is, a MAJOR problem, for MANY shooters, in the NJ area. So, if this isn't posted in the correct forum, please move it to the correct one)

Okay, so,,,,"The Pits", have been officially closed at CJRPC. And, the REALLY bad news is, that they say, that it will be, until AT LEAST APRIL until they re-open.

So, now that we have no place to shoot, for what seems to be a LONG time, where are all the shooters in NJ, going to be shooting, (besides OBRPC), that one I know about, and will be their at least two weeks out of the month. What other kinds of shooting clubs are worth the drive to, for USPSA matches & events?

JJG

The Moderators are discussing this but I'm closing it until we reach a consensus. If/until we decide to open this back up, please don't go posting it elsewhere on the forum. That's bad form and would almost certainly invite bad karma.

A quick reminder from the Forum Guidelines, conveniently posted at the top of every forum page for your viewing pleasure:

Politics Policy and political discussions or debates of any kind - even if you consider your opinions to be "facts" - are not welcome anywhere in the forum.

Specifically including (but not limited to):

USPSA vs IPSC

IPSC vs IDPA

STI vs SVI

Limited 10 vs Limited Division

This Division vs That Division

This Government vs That Government

Gun Control Issues

This is not a free speech issue. As a privately funded and collectively ran "information exchange," we have found that the emotional nature of political discussions weakens the informative impact of the Forum.

Hate Rants (anywhere on the Forum)

Rants involving shooters, firearms, or shooting related manufacturers, such as but not limited to - IPSC, IDPA, USPSA, Colt, Brownell's, Dillon, or Match Staff - are NOT PERMITTED. Brian's Forums is not the place to resolve customer service issues or disputes you may have with a manufacturer, dealer, gunsmith, or individual.

Well, it's December and the last match at Southern Chester was rained out and there are no more scheduled there for a while, but as far as I know, the range is open through the year. Rob Harper should be able to give you their schedule.

I have no idea what's going on in Elmer, NJ - first they are going to have matches, then not, then yes...

Have you checked with the people at Guthsville to see what their schedule is.?

Topton and York are the biggest clubs and would be the most likely to have a match in any kind of weather.

Just for the record.

Local clubs and local is a very general term having different meanings to different people.

Old Bridge

Shongum

Guthsville

Topton

Southern Chester

USANA

York

Factoryville

There are also clubs in central PA and northern MD.

I will reserve comment on the CJ club management.

Jim

Caron,

Ron Gumann sen an e-mail out earlier in the week, trying to solicit interest in a match at Shongum on Saturday. Shongum shoots the first Saturday of the month at 10 a.m. --- this Saturday, 1/2, if there's enough interest and the weather holds. I've forwarded his e-mail with some additional thoughts....

Thanks Jim! Useful content - as usual. Here is a link to the Area 8 clubs section of the A8 web page, as mentioned in Jim's post:

http://www.uspsa8.org/clubs.htm

Just for the record.

Local clubs and local is a very general term having different meanings to different people.

Old Bridge

Shongum

Guthsville

Topton

Southern Chester

USANA

York

Factoryville

There are also clubs in central PA and northern MD.

I will reserve comment on the CJ club management.

Jim

How about some of the steel matches at the local clubs, any of those going on this winter ?

Not at CJ. Old Bridge I think is indoors --- and that requires frangible ammo....

Contact World Class Steel in advance. They should have frangible ammo available.

Jim

How about some of the steel matches at the local clubs, any of those going on this winter ?

Not at CJ. Old Bridge I think is indoors --- and that requires frangible ammo....

Contact World Class Steel in advance. They should have frangible ammo available.

Jim

I mentioned that mainly because it's likely to be an extra expense.....

....as opposed to the components most of us have sitting around the house....