Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What am I missing: glock 24 limited gun?

Penguin

So the answer is no, you cant get 22 rounds in a glock .40 mag ?

There's your advantage and it is a huge one, If it wasnt why does the .40 dominate?

Also a great STI limited gun can be had for just under 2k not 4 k.

I'm still not buying the mag capacity argument. It's rare you find the stage where you have any real time advantage by having 1 or 2 extra rounds in the mag. I'm not saying they don't exist, but it is rare. I also wonder how many 22 round mags would be legal if they were checked with a gage.

So the answer is no, you cant get 22 rounds in a glock .40 mag ?

There's your advantage and it is a huge one, If it wasnt why does the .40 dominate?

Also a great STI limited gun can be had for just under 2k not 4 k.

I'm still not buying the mag capacity argument. It's rare you find the stage where you have any real time advantage by having 1 or 2 extra rounds in the mag. I'm not saying they don't exist, but it is rare. I also wonder how many 22 round mags would be legal if they were checked with a gage.

There are plenty of Limited gun around $2K+, but what I am really getting tired of is all the spare parts you have to pre-fit and carry with you just in case your Bomar breaks, or your firing pin stop, or your barrel link, or guide rod, or your safety, or your reverse plug, or your sear, get the idea?…. Unless of course you have another spare $2K+ gun. I will never say never, but I just bought a Glock 34 and I haven’t shot my Limited gun in a month. Plus I took the box of spare parts out of my range bag, first time in four years.

I had a G24 back in the early 90s, and it was a nice gun. I am getting use to the Glock trigger, so far so good… I wonder if you can get the mags on the Glock to work well loaded 40 S&W all the way. I’ve seeing some of the sponsored shooters getting jams with their 24 on You Tube before…

With iffy technique muzzle dip can pose problems for some G24 shooters. The 35 is the better "Glock" Limited gun choice IMO. Mag capacity, comparatively = zero issue. Unless of we

consider all those 20-21 round stages we have to deal with. :mellow: Or, wait, what about the advantage capacity has for all those Classifiers we shoot that...??? :mellow: right

...never mind :) Like I said if your good no one cares what you shoot.

With iffy technique muzzle dip can pose problems for some G24 shooters. The 35 is the better "Glock" Limited gun choice IMO. Mag capacity, comparatively = zero issue. Unless of we

consider all those 20-21 round stages we have to deal with. :mellow: Or, wait, what about the advantage capacity has for all those Classifiers we shoot that...??? :mellow: right

...never mind :) Like I said if your good no one cares what you shoot.

I agree if you need to spend that much 2000 to ???? to shoot good, and carry a parts store something is wrong!! Shi I mean CRAPPP, I only gave 4000 for my 02 Chevy pickup 49000 miles on it. I say practice and technique. But if you got the money it's all good. Just have fun. :lol: 4000 *&&**% dollars for a single pistol, Good Lord. :lol::lol::lol: