Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Helpful members

Rob Boudrie

I had a plumbing problem Xmas eve that involved opening a wall to address a leaking drain. I emailed a USPSA plumber and Xmas day and received detailed instructions on the proper way to fix the problem; a suggestion for something that was not quite right I should fix while the pipes are exposed; and an offer to drive up to my house in a few days and do the job for "parts and gas only". He even refused the offer of 5,000 primers of his choice or a case of XM193 for the job :unsure:

I'm pretty sure I have the repair completed correctly, and emailed him the photos for comment - but this sort of help from a fellow USPSA member is fantastic.

He's a forum member whose welcome to reply. I'm not mentioning his name in case he does not want to offer a national plumbing hotline.

The USPSA plumber even emailed me a critique of my work after I sent him the "after" photos. I will feel MUCH better closing the wall knowing that it "looks right" to someone who knows this sort of thing. I'm generally pretty good at the mechanical aspects of DIY home repairs, but his help prevented me from missing something important.

Thanks for the kind word Rob. If you want to get started, the MA license is now 550 hours of school and 5 years apprenticeship. You have the basic skill so if the computer gig gives out I will give you a good recommendation.

Seriously, you are one that helps many. i am glad to return the favor. Also, nice shooting with you today.

Gary

Edited by Round_Gun_Shooter