Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Idaho Glocks Only 8th Annual State Championship

The applications are now available at Idaho Section Website . Also applications are available in the Jan/Feb Front Sight magazine.

The match is 9 stages, 250 + rounds. All guns can enter. Only Glocks are eligible for awards and cash prizes The match has sold out the past 5 years - so enter early. We keep the match to a maximum of 100 shooters.

Any questions, please let me know at idahoshooter38@live.com

See you at the Match

Carrie Homburg

Match Director

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The 8th Annual Glocks Only Championship match has filled to capacity!

Thanks to all the early registrants, I am sure that Alpha Female will

have another outstanding match.

If you wish to be on a waiting list, please pm or email her.

• 1 month later...

I am so looking forward to this match, it is like the season opener for us here, and after a long cold winter we are ready for some sun!!!

Some great looking stages, 277 rounds, 130 shooters registered in the match, it is gonna be a long, but a fun day. Shooters meeting at 7:30 am. See you all there!

I look forward to hearing the outcome of the match. I live in Texas now, however, grew up in Boise and still consider Idaho as home.

I was hoping to be able to attend this match, however, slots filled quickly and by the time I was able to work through travel and logistics, it was already too late.

Have a fun and safe match!

Matrix68 -

You should have sent me an email. We would have enjoyed having you at the match.

The results will be posted on www.idahouspsa.com on Monday the 26th.

Email me anytime for information.

CarrieH

Edited by AlphaFemale

Great match again this year. Thanks to Carrie and Tim and the rest of the Idaho crew who helded set up and run an awesome match. It's really a blast seeing folks who don't normally have the opportunity to shoot such a fine platform as the Glock and are stuck shooting those silly 2011's. The stages seemed a lot more technical this year with a bit less close range hosing. A change I was happy to see. The stage with the Polish Plate Rack, Two drop outs, and new popout target array backed up a lot (who'd have guessed with all that stuff in there) but was a blast to shoot. Some of the guys managed to get that rack moving so fast I thought it was going to take off. They also had a surprise stage that was run very well. Competitors were threatened with a severe ass whooping along with zeroing the stage if they talked about it. It seemed to work. I didn't hear anyone talking about it before shooting it. And no details from the folks that did, just groans. I was also happy to see a Standards with the targets waaaay out there. Just something about a target way down there that separates the men from the boys.

Congratulations to the winners. I remember Mike Gibson won Subcompact again. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the guy who unseated Russ Honeywell in Compact. We didn't get off the range till it was dang near dark. Kepa (not even gonna try you're last name) turned in an awesome performance with the full sized Glock to beat Mike Hughes and Yong Lee (two of our best Production shooters out of Washington state). Awesome job Kepa. Looking forward to seeing you at Area 1.

Great match! I missed last year because I didn't get signed up in time and vowed it wouldn't happen again. Thanks for the kind words Chuck. Congrats to you on the Open and Overall wins! I was glad to see so many top tier shooters made the trip out. For those that couldn't make it put it on the calendar for next year!

A HUGE THANKS to all of the staff (stage designers, target builders, squad RO's, people that helped set up (month's before the match and at the match) and those that helped tear down etc etc)!!!

Also, Thanks to all of the shooter's that competed at the match. The match wouldn't be possible without all of you and your support.

Also, a HUGE thanks to Glenn Wisser (our local Glock Represetative/Armorer) for being at the match to work on anyone and everyone's Glock and the prizes he donated. AND a huge thanks to the SIRT crew for the donation of an SIRT training Pistol.

I'm being asked to do a 9th annual Glock Match in 2011, so mark your calendar's and schedule your vacations for the 4th Sunday in April, 2011.

Hope to see everyone at another match this year.

Carrie Homburg

Idaho Glock's Only M.D.

Wow that was a fun match. There was some hard shots, some run and gun, crazy movers, and the polish plate rack with hard cover. Very much worth the drive and very nice people. Oh yeah, the secret stage had me feeling like a five year old wanting to rip open his present. I ran in there like a rabid dog, looking for that magazine. Maybe a little to excited as I doubled the first two paper when I needed three hits. Highlight of my match and gave me a lot of experience dealing with the unknown and reacting.

Tim and Carrie were tireless, as were probably a few others in making it happen , Thanks.

I just saw the stages for Area 1, the Polish plate rack looks evil in this one.