Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hornady Free bullets

caz41

Yeah, took almost two and one-half months for me.

Sent it in on April 27, 2009, got my bullets July 9, 2009.

That's slow, but the free bullets are somewhat secondary. At least I had the press to use (on other calibers) while I was waiting for the bullets

The press works fine, after a few early casefeeder problems, and the bullets make the financial side of it very favorable.

No regrets on buying the press, and I still haven't got around to loading the free bullets! So, they didn't delay me at all.

Jim M.

Mine arrived last week so I guess it took 4-5 weeks from my sending in the paperwork to the bullets showing up at my front door.

Looks like I waited a few days too long to order my Lock and Load and get my free bullets :surprise:

DMAC Posted

Looks like I waited a few days too long to order my Lock and Load and get my free bullets

I just got the February, 2010, issue of Handloader Magazine today, and Hornady has an ad saying that the free bullets deal is extended. I went to the Hornady website to check, and the 1,000 free bullets deal on the LNL AP is good through the end of 2010.

I also got a flyer from Natchez Shooters Supply, with the press for about $400.00. (Others may have them even cheaper.) With $300 (list price) worth of bullets, that would sell at Natchez for $200, the net cost of the press is only about $200.

Heck, I already have a LNL AP, but I would be tempted to get another one at that price!

Jim M.

DMAC Posted
Looks like I waited a few days too long to order my Lock and Load and get my free bullets

I just got the February, 2010, issue of Handloader Magazine today, and Hornady has an ad saying that the free bullets deal is extended. I went to the Hornady website to check, and the 1,000 free bullets deal on the LNL AP is good through the end of 2010.

I also got a flyer from Natchez Shooters Supply, with the press for about $400.00. (Others may have them even cheaper.) With $300 (list price) worth of bullets, that would sell at Natchez for $200, the net cost of the press is only about $200.

Heck, I already have a LNL AP, but I would be tempted to get another one at that price!

Jim M.

The 2010 offer is for only 500 bullets for either the Classic or AP, though.

I've been waiting about 4 wks for the 1000 free bullets. I just received an email from Hornady last wk saying that they had received the "Stay Loaded" Redemption Form. So the bullets must be getting closer.

Like in the mail - I hope.

CT

Got the same email(s) last night. I have 1000 coming from the purchase of the press, and 100 for the dies . . . .40/10mm HP XTPs.

What sucks is that I now have quite an inventory of .40/10mm bullets . . . I couldn't wait for the Hornadys to arrive to start reloading. I've since picked up a Desert Eagle Mark VII .44 mag and I really wish I'd ordered .44's instead.

Oh, well . . . I'm sure I'll still use 'em.

• 3 weeks later...

Not to make anyone mad,but best advice is to get free Rifle bullets preferable the interbond....... They cost a lot more than XTP pistol bullets...... You can sell them at a good price and buy an extra box or two of XTP's.. So instead of 500 XTPs how about 600?

Unless of course Hornady was slick enough to exclude there interbond bullets..

Edited by SCV