Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

indoor stages?

chefcs5

Thanks

and thanls for all the replys so far. Its great to have a community of ppl who all wanna help other clubs get better instead of putting other clubs down as they do in other sports!!! this is great

thanks again guys

Ditto, ditto, ditto. Larry literally has hundreds of "indoor" stages that I'm sure he'd be glad to share.

Sounds like me. I usually set up at least one stage every week I shoot and over the last six years that comes to about 270 stages. To be fare though I did set up several classifiers and I did reuse some of my stages from earlier years over the last two but it is safe to say very few in my club have set up as many stages as I have. lol Right now I have about 140 or 150 on my computer already drawn up. Almost all of those are for the indoor range I shoot at, hard to believe I could come up with that many for a 36' by 75' bay where I can't shoot into the side walls. :)

Joe W.

Shooting into the side walls has really slowed us down on the picking of scenarios. My school frowns upon destruction of their range (any reason to get us out of the school). We go through cables, but those are easy to replace.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello Everyone,

I made a template of a classic or metric target and reduced it to 1/2 size. I make these sometime and glue them on a no shoot or soft cover,(painted black).

I cut them out of scrap cardboard, even draw the line for A,B,C,D zones. This can make it interesting. We also hang plastic for the cables for walls. We place no shoots in positions to keep from shooting the walls.

We have small Pepper Poppers, and we took a plastic 55gal drum and cut it out to put the Popper in. Cut two side out 1/2" larger then the steal.

Take the two pieces you cut out and fasten them to the inside to reinforce the walls. NOTE: Before you cut pick one side to be the front and make

the cut 5" to 8" up from the bottom, the back side cut out down to the bottom so the steal will fall out the back. Take some 2x4 or a 2x6 and cut them

to fit the inside base of the steal. Fasten this to the inside, bottom of the drum. Find you and old tire to put behind the drum.

Now you can hook this to a mover. We had one that lasted 6 months. Used it one night a week. The drum ideal belongs to some else in our group.

Edited by Bouttime

• 2 weeks later...

Nice idea. Can you get any pictures of the drum setup?

Hello Everyone,

I made a template of a classic or metric target and reduced it to 1/2 size. I make these sometime and glue them on a no shoot or soft cover,(painted black).

I cut them out of scrap cardboard, even draw the line for A,B,C,D zones. This can make it interesting. We also hang plastic for the cables for walls. We place no shoots in positions to keep from shooting the walls.

We have small Pepper Poppers, and we took a plastic 55gal drum and cut it out to put the Popper in. Cut two side out 1/2" larger then the steal.

Take the two pieces you cut out and fasten them to the inside to reinforce the walls. NOTE: Before you cut pick one side to be the front and make

the cut 5" to 8" up from the bottom, the back side cut out down to the bottom so the steal will fall out the back. Take some 2x4 or a 2x6 and cut them

to fit the inside base of the steal. Fasten this to the inside, bottom of the drum. Find you and old tire to put behind the drum.

Now you can hook this to a mover. We had one that lasted 6 months. Used it one night a week. The drum ideal belongs to some else in our group.

Edited by furyalecto

Hello Everyone,

Take some pics of it for us if you would...

JT

I will get some pictures, hope i know how to put them on line. I am pretty new at this.

If you have a problem contact me via PM

I have some pictures but cannot get them on line.

Send me an e-mail i will send them that way.

JT, check out the pictures of the drums. Look how the front and back are cut out, the white liner inside is another drum we cut

up and added the pieces inside the black drum. You only need about 1/4" clearence on each side. You can also take the piece you

cut of for the steal and put inside the drum. If you only have white drums, paint the front part of the drum black.

You notice the rope, which i think is nylon waxed, the "I" bolt is missing out of this popper so I have the rope tired off

on the back side around a small piece of wood, hook the rope to a mover.

Anyway they work great.

Interesting.... One concern I have when shooting barrels with openings is that the plastic can redirect around. I've often heard the ricochet around in there and come out an opening. With this type of device I would have concerns that it might get shot and come out of there with a lot of velocity in an unknown direction. I'm not trying to shoot down the idea.... I'm looking for a solution too.

\

JT

This Drum is fairly new and you can see that it has been shot several times. You can see the entrance and exit. We have replaced our other two Drums and we used those for about 6 to 8 months without any problems. That is alot of holes. I thank maby the cut

out makes the Drum weak enough the bullet goes through both walls. I do understand your concern and I will start watching the

walls for any signs of a stray.