Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Its The Singer

Singlestack

I had a real eyeopener yesterday at the range.

There is a classifier match upcomming so I decided to see if I could get my Production % up. I broke out my production rig (G35, Uncle Mikes) which has been on safe restriction (due to its poor performance) since the 2002 FGN's, and headed to the range.

After a good practice session, I decided to run a couple of 7yd Bill Drills. The first one was a 2.04 with a 1.01 draw. I thought, "dang, lets really go for the "B" of the beep this time". The next one was a 1.94 with a .91 draw. I'm thinking "no way, do it again". Next one was a 1.89 with a .89 draw.

If you had asked me before I went to the range what I thought I could do a BD with a Production rig in my answer would not have been sub 2 secs. I would not have told you I could do .16 splits with a Glock. My best time with my Open rig is a 1.78 with an .81 draw.

What I got from this is that "I" can do a sub 2 sec BD. B)

Singlestack,

Congratulations, I look forward to seeing you do it in person this month. :D I'll be dragging out my 35 after the Cherokee match this weekend. Looks like I'll have to get in some practice so I don't get completely pounded by you. How's the limited gun practice coming along?

Erik

I hope that my post did not sound like I was bragging. It was not intended that way at all. My intention was to point out that all the money I have spent trying to buy speed was wasted. I had no clue that I could do a .89 draw out of Kydex and I was very supprised to learn that. Makes me wonder what else I don't need.

My draw is different with a UM holster and I can't really explain the difference. The fear of knocking the gun out of the holster is gone and I feel like I can just grab and growl.

P.S. I'm really laughing at some of the new member names. Tightloop + burned out = LMAO

SS

A couple of years ago, I attended a match where one stage was comprised of 6 single draws and a single shot each draw on a target 9 yds away. IDPA rig, Kydex holster, Commander.

Not bragging, but I had two in the .7 range and 4 more in the .8's. Kydex gives up very little to any holster, but it is very hard on a blued gun.