Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Oakley Assault Boots

Julien Boit

I am an Oakley dealer, and even at my cost I would rather go with the HiTec boots I now have. The oakley shoes I have sold through my store are siad to have been VERY comfortable, but I have had mixed reviews from customers about the durablility of the shoes.

Guys, I have a pair of the Bates (sidewinder?) previously mentioned and I highly recommend them. They are very light weight, fairly comfortable, and the sole is aggressive and durable. The tread pattern is a close copy of the GSG9 but the price is not. I got them from Botach for about $60. Their service wasn't great, but I got what I wanted. ;)

I'm in the law enforcement field, and swear by Danners for work. Very comfortable and supportive, also warm and dry. They're too heavy and too expensive for play though.

Regards,

Todd

If you're willing to give a look at the Bates line and don't wanna go through Botach you may want to check out Brigade Quartermasters. They have the light weight Bates Enforcers in 9" and 5" heights. As soon as I get the pair I ordered will let you know how I like 'em.

Cheers,

I'm in the law enforcement field, and swear by Danners for work. Very comfortable and supportive, also warm and dry. They're too heavy and too expensive for play though.

Regards,

Todd

Hey Todd,

Are the Bates really that much lighter than your Danners? I thought mine were really light, but they replaced a pair of Red Wing steel toe boots, so my perception may be slanted. :)

[/thread drift mode off]

Chris,

Sorry that I didn't specify. The Danners that I wear may be heavier then the ones you're talking about. I've been wearing the 8" Acadia's with 200gr insulation. I definately love the boots for work, but they are about twice as heavy as the bates. Well, I don't actually know if they're twice as heavy but I could weigh them for you if need be. :D

Here's a link for you to check out the Bates boots. You can roll the dice and do business with them, or find em somewhere else. Let me know how you make out.

http://www.botachtactical.com/batsid.html

Regards,

Todd

Call me a heretic, but I've bought several items from Botach and have never had a problem.

Ditto here. I have been ordering from BT for several years and always had great service. I had a small order a while back and got a call on my cell phone at 10:00 p.m. local time (USA Central) because they were out of a certain color. The guy said they were working late to fill orders.

As far as shooting footwear, I personally don't like boots too much since they seem to slow down my running too much. I prefer the Nike ACG XCRs and am on my second pair - wore out the last shooting matches and practice. The ACG has tread components that stick out to make the bottom wider for more stability. The Oakley boots look like something I might try however since I saw them in a store and they are MAJOR LIGHTWEIGHT. Feel like feathers compared to other boots.

• 11 months later...