Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NC State ICORE Championship

Hi All,

Time to start thinking about next years matches, NC State is just before the IRC so if you're on the east coast it would make a good practice match, received emails that a group from Australia will attend, apps are on the web site.

www.caswellranch.embarqspace.com

Regards,

DB

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm signed up! I can't wait - Dean always has some challenging stages. Last week at his standard IDPA matches, he had two 5 shot stages - one where your first pull rotated up to CLICK for safety reasons (I knew this was going to happen and still went WTF?) and a 5 shot stage where you had to initiate your reload after 5 booms. Taking you out of your comfort zone is a blast :devil: .

he had two 5 shot stages - one where your first pull rotated up to CLICK for safety reasons (I knew this was going to happen and still went WTF?) and a 5 shot stage where you had to initiate your reload after 5 booms. Taking you out of your comfort zone is a blast

Well, that was a WTF moment for me, too, but in retrospect, it was the least of my troubles for the day. Procedurals, an overlooked target, a hit (a teensy little nick, really) on a non-threat - :blink: Still lots of fun, though.

BTW, Dean - I'd love to sign up for the state match, but, to date, I've shot precisely 1 ICORE match. Does one have to qualify in any way to shoot the state match? Are there a limited # of slots available (i.e., would I be taking the slot of a more experienced shooter)?

Anyone on this forum making plans to shoot NC State, May 22nd ?. If the apps don't roll in I may have to cancel this match.

PLEASE don't do that!! I'm looking very forward to getting out of town for a match!!

There will be five of us coming down from West Virginia. We'll be meeting at a local ICORE match this coming weekend and will be sending our app's out together the first part of next week.

Now that my work schedule has caused me to drop a trip to Alabama for a (carbine) match, I believe that I can make this one. You can never get too much trigger time with a revolver. ;) I should know for sure by Monday (3/15). Then I will be able to send in the application once I know for sure.

Now that my work schedule has caused me to drop a trip to Alabama for a (carbine) match, I believe that I can make this one. You can never get too much trigger time with a revolver. ;) I should know for sure by Monday (3/15). Then I will be able to send in the application once I know for sure.

Shootin' that .45 Colt ?

Shootin' that .45 Colt ?

Yep, I'll be bringing the little cannon. It is just too fun not to shoot it. Hey I can try out Retro division. :D

Maybe the thunder from my Alaskan will throw a few off their game (from laughter or otherwise), and I'll finish that much higher in the standings. :goof:

Edited by Blueridge

Just got word that the current National Revolver Champ, my hero, will be shooting this match !!! If you have not yet signed up for this match, now is the time !!! You have a chance to see some amazing shooting with a revolver AND you get to shoot a GREAT match all at the same time, sign up and let's have a HUGE turnout. If you don't yet have enough stuff to shoot a revo match, let me or someone else know and we will come up with the stuff for you to use.

I'll be shooting Retro so if anyone wants to borrow my 625 or 627; let me know.

Ah, just like at the Memphis Charity Challenge (where we were both in Speedloader Category) I'll have the "honor" of competing against you, but this time in the same division. Not sure if I should be cheering or crying. :blink: I guess that I will just focus on having fun an let the chips fall where they may.

That sounds like the best plan.......Yeh, that's it. :P

I'll be shooting Retro so if anyone wants to borrow my 625 or 627; let me know.

Hey Oh Great One, Jr. may shoot the ICORE match if he can borrow a Champs 625, bet I can talk him into it

Let me know.

if anyone wants to borrow my 625 or 627; let me know.

Just...Wow. :surprise:

Maybe this newb (me) will someday get used to the generosity shown to & by other wheelgunners, but I hope not. Many thanks! :cheers: If I weren't planning on shooting retro as well, I'd probably take you up on it.

Looking forward to the match!

Tom