Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Payment Plan for USPSA Life Membership

Nemo

I do think that even with the numbers the NRA has that discounting the Life Memberships is wrong. It should be high enough to discourage casual acceptance of the offer. Low enough to get some people to buy in.

I agree that charging it and paying it off over two years adds interest, USPSA however then should find a mid-point between free and the usurist rates of the CC companies. 3% is too low. Also the membership should not become effective at the level purchased until paid off.

I bought my USPSA membership when it was a multiple of annual by 15, this was a multiple of a TY of only 6.6 renewals or 20 years. I figure I will be around at least 20 years, so we are about even on cost. Maybe we should think about having to be a regular member for a number of years prior to being eligible for a Life Membership.

Something along the rule of 80 that the Yacht Club I used to belong to had. You had to be at least 65 and the number of years you were a member and you age had to total 80 before you were eligible for 'Senior' member status. In that case it exempted you from certain requirements of work or fee. In our case I would champion something along the rule of 40, you have to be 25 at a minimum, have 15 years of full price (A, TY, or FY)membership and they have to total at least 40.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'se guys are scaring me. :unsure:

I wish I had gotten one when it was still $250. With all this talk about revenue base, someone might just hear us ....... Now I'm worried they might raise the price of Life memberships sometime soon again. And with the current state of the economy in this country right now, I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Now I'm going to have to look into getting one asap.

Ive been a member for 18 years.

I don't mind giving the orgainization a little money each year (or, in my case recently, every three to five years), even though it'd be cheaper for me to get a life membership. I can easily spend more each month just in local match fees.

Do I remember correctly that you need life membership to get past RM status in NROI? If I go that route, then I'll go life.

Making Life Subscriptions too easy however seems counter-intuitive to me... it kills your long-term revenue base...

Remember that USPSA gets $2.50 for every classifier score that is submitted. That becomes a sizable chunk of change when you think about how many individual classifier scores are submitted each and every year.

Making Life Subscriptions too easy however seems counter-intuitive to me... it kills your long-term revenue base...

Remember that USPSA gets $2.50 for every classifier score that is submitted. That becomes a sizable chunk of change when you think about how many individual classifier scores are submitted each and every year.

That's fine, but irrelevant to the question of whether to and how to offer Life Memberships....

Classifier scores are a finite resource... I haven't shot a Classifier since my first month as a member... That's years and years ago now.

I would and did when the payment plan was available and it was $250 :cheers:

Same with the NRA. I think I paid $300 but I can't remember...I've done enough $300 upgrades of that one to be an Endowment Life Member..the next one they want me to be is a Patron. Gonna wait on that one, times are still a bit tough and I gotta fix the truck first.

I got to be a Life Member of Valley Isle Sport Shooters on account of I made a whole bunch of the props we use :roflol:

I haven't shot a Classifier since my first month as a member... That's years and years ago now.

...And you're a Life Member why? :huh:

What do Classifier scores have to do with my motivation to become a Life Member?

I shoot Limited... I classified in Limited and Limited 10.... Don't need to classify again. (and I guess my statement was somewhat inaccurate... I haven't shot a Classifier Match since my first month... I have shot classifier STAGES of course if/when they were included in matches I shot.

As far as my motivation to become a Life Member... I love the organization, its purpose, and the people. Wanted to support all three. Some reason I am a Certified RO. I will probably never be in contention to win my Class, but I will always support the organization. Hopefully, soon I (we) will be able to get back to shooting IPSC again on a more regular basis.

Why are you a member period when you don't take advantage of it? And why hasn't your club had any classifiers in years? That's a problem.

Apologize... my statement was partially inaccurate, see above for answers to your question. As to your second question, I am now in Haughton, LA, and there is no local USPSA club... :(

Anyone interested in restarting the club in Northwest Louisiana again?