Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

? Video Editing and Compression Software

I would like to edit stage video's and make Match videos and be able to put them in a format that is suitable for web sharing and mobil devices.

The camera produces AVI files and 30 seconds is 40 mb. I have a trial converter to wmv at 60 fps and 320x480 that brings them down to 4 mb or less.

I just bought a new Computer with Windows 7 64 bit on it.

I'm looking for a recommendation on software to edit and convert my viedo's. Nothing fancy just straight up stuff.

Movie Maker does not come with Win7. Users can download and install Window Live Movie Maker or MM2.6, perhaps add Photo Story 3.

Microsoft recommends the free download of the the latest Windows LIve Suite, which includes Windows LIve Movie Maker (WLMM) for Vista and Windows 7. That gets you the newest version, but one considerably slimmed down in features from MM2.1 in XP or MM6 in Vista. It's good for quickly and easily making a video and uploading to YouTube, but not for anything close to the kinds of serious editing you can do with the classic versions of Movie Maker.

Experienced users will want to continue with what they've become accustomed to. It turns out the special Vista edition MM2.6 downloads, installs and works fine on Windows 7. It was produced by Microsoft to help those who were having problems with the version 6.0 in Vista. Although stripped of many features, it's pretty much aligned with the familiar MM2.1 of Windows XP. MM2.6 is the only version of Movie Maker that's a stand-alone download from Microsoft with an easy installation ... get it at:

Movie Maker 2.6

MM2.6 has the features to fully edit and produce a video, but it doesn't have the importing feature of MM2.1. For that, you can use the import wizard in the Windows Live Suite.

(shamelessly taken form other posts)

I'm going to take a serious look at movie maker 2.6 and Windows Live Suite.

Still need the hot water to shrink these bad boys down. I have been putting them out at 782kbs 320x240 with 60fps to get them small enought to store and run well on my website.

http://www.sashooter.com/gallery/main.php?...p;g2_itemId=156

This video started out as a 30mb AVI file and was converted to 2 mb Wmv @ 352x288.

Thanks for the help.

Movie maker actully has a compression feature. After editing, while saving

your movie you can pick from a generous list of sizes and formats or you can

even have the finished movie meet a desired Megb where size and bitrate will

be picked auotmaticaly to fit your file size...

Edited by P.Pres