Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trubor T-1 or T-2

Glockcomma

It is a matter of feel. Personally, I think the longer comp works better for 9 major and the shorter comp for minor. Silhouette develops enough gas to work the T2 comp just fine with 121-125 grain bullets at major velocity. My Dawson 9 major with Dawson comp (4 very big ports and two side) feels softer and and is definitely flatter (for me).

Thanks everyone it seems to be unanimous. What gets me is why STI offers the MatchMaster in 9mm with the t-1 comp. although it is supposed to be a major power factor gun (opposed to the SteelMaster, which is a minor gun). I have been considering getting one but would want the t-2 comp.

Thanks again for your help Tim

I have used both the T-1 and T-2. Currently have a Trubor with the T-1 and it seems to work just as well as the longer comps. I was surprised actually as to how well it works.

Ditto. I think the surface area of the comp is making it very effective. It has a large first chamber with lots of surface area for the gas to deflect off of which helps drive the comp down. I spent a great deal of time talking to a friend about suppressors and muzzle brakes one day. He told me an awful lot of theory, then took me outside and made his theories facts. Some things are for looks, some things really work well, and some things just don't hurt/help.