Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness Stock?

Revopop

So after the match today, I went to the local Gander Mountain. They've had the same Witness Stock in the display case for $900 for at least 3 years. Today, I see that it's finally been marked down, and all the way to $540. I really don't need a Limited gun, just picked up my new SV last night, but this looks like a smokin' deal. There's not a decocker, but it's double action. Can it safely be decocked so I can use it for Production? I just got a new M&P for Production, so I really don't need it for that either, but like I said, it looks like a smokin' deal.

Also, can anybody enumerate for me the differences between the Stock and the Match? It looks like there's a lot more owners of the Match here on the forums. Are there any issues I should know about? (long term wear, weird mag voodoo, etc.)

That would be a good price for a Stock. If it's three years old it might even have the Supersight instead of the current rear sight I and many others don't like. Decocking is done by hand so how safe it is depends on your hands. Many do it with their CZs' and Witnesses. The Stock has a bull barrel and comes out of the Custom Shop in Italy where the Match has a straight type barrel and I believe is assembled here. Large frame Witnesses can have troublesome magazines especially in 9MM so they might need some tuning. Henning has some good info o this. For $540 I'd be willing to give it a try. Good luck.

http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/default...All&sit=All

above is link using your zip code for gun genie - wholesalers - and places within 25 miles of you that use gun genie which I think is davidsons out of prescott az - as you can see you would be getting a very good deal

in comparison from current new in box offerings.

for others just play around with web site and put your own zip in there to see who locally uses them - usually cheaper than most other places - although you still have to pay tax and service fees - locally however I have never paid ffl on something ordered - its not as cheap as no tax from out of state seller but wholesale price evens things out -