Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First Win

Sarge

Last match of the year and not many shooters showed up. Terrible times. Terrible hit factors. But I came out on top in production none the less. I am not selling myself short but I am a realist.

Still, not a bad way to finish my first year. I'll take it! :cheers:

Last match of the year and not many shooters showed up. Terrible times. Terrible hit factors. But I came out on top in production none the less. I am not selling myself short but I am a realist.

Still, not a bad way to finish my first year. I'll take it! :cheers:

A win is a win! Showing up is the most important qualification to being a winner! :cheers:

Hey Fran...how did you do, btw?

OK ... since you asked (most of the local folks already heard me holler all the way from Medina) ...

A bit of background: Conrad and I have had a little competition going since random chance squadded us together at the '07 OH Sectional. Feels like we've been shooting together - but against each other - MUCH longer :D . He's always shot a little better than me -- better points, better time. My Caspian was his for a while, until he sold it to me about a year ago (never fired, long story). After it came back from Jim Anglin, he was sorry he let it go. Flyin40 and Lim10 are convinced that he's messin' with my head when we compare notes on gaming the stage.

So Conrad always does better than me ... until the last match of the season. I FINALLY got the better score this time. We were head-to-head for most of the match, but that one-handed, tiny-steel-at-distance, pull-the-cart-full-of-pumpkins stage ... designed by Conrad (not one of mine) ... and a classifier that required folding into odd positions, gave me the advantage.

For the first time (hopefully not the last :rolleyes: ) I beat Conrad!

The C'ville crew knows how long and hard both of us have worked to get here. As the competition continues, we'll both become better shooters for it. Rematch in the ice & snow on February 6th!

It's been a good week -- got High Lady for the season at Rayner's, too.

But this thread is for Kevin to celebrate. Good job, Sarge. Savor it!

Edited by FranDoc