Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650XL priming issue

Hi everyone! First of all, english is not my first language so please bear with me.

I don't know what happened really. I felt some little resistance on the down stroke coming from the priming system. When I try to index manually the priming system, it's very hard, almost impossible. When there is a primer ready to be seated, the shellplate cannot move as it catch the primer. I don't know why?!? Tried to dissasemble it to clean it but still, it's still rub against the shellplate on every stroke. Unfortunatly, I applied a little too much pressure on the handle and I broke the black indexing plastic thing that goes under the shellplate.

I would me more than happy if someone can tell me what's the problem here.

Is the little rod that seats the primers into the brass stuck in the "up" position? That could do it. I'm sure someone that really knows something will chime in here soon. Good luck, hope you get it fixed. Nothing works like a 650(most of the time, anyway).

MLM

Found the problem:

I guess that mlmiller1 was right

4104703848_d48d02a024_b.jpg

As you can see, the defective part on the left doesn't sit flush with the brass bushing, grinding on my primer wheel. I still don't understand how it ended up like this?!? Can I fix this part or order a replacement?

Edited by Antoine

Your English is better than many of the people who live here. :cheers::rolleyes:

Dillon stands behind their stuff 100%. If you can't make a free call from where you are at, contact them by email via their site and send the picture you posted here. In the mean time, if you need to use the press, I would disassemble the punch and see if there is something wedged in it holding the punch in the 'up' position.