Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Finishes For my Revo

MTU_327PC

I have that 327 TRR8 or whatever acronym they have for it. Well the black coating is starting to take a nice beating. After installing Protocal Designs Fiber Optic sight I immediately scratched up the gun. Tonight I was doing some final scouting before deer season starts and of course my jacket had to scratch my gun all up. I'm usually not one to complain about gun looks (more less tools for a job), but I spent enough money to not have the gun look like it was drug across my driveway. I'm looking for some ideas and companies that do nice work for refinishing or can even refinish my revolver. I assume they'll have to take the barrel out to refinish the shroud, but want to make sure someone competent enough or knows what they doing do it for me. I know it's above and beyond my expertise.

Thanks for any help,

Drew

I wonder how well the finish will hold up to holster wear? I like the OD Green or the Green-T and Black-T two tone idea. Having the frame in the green and the cylinder in the black. It's definitely different that anything I've seen. I don't mind having something different than everyone else has. Thanks for the idea.

Cliff got an Ion Bond job on a stainless revo a couple years ago, and a big piece of the finish peeled off. It looked pretty bad to me.

I had some Ion Bond on a stainless cylinder that didn't bond so well in a few spots as well.

I wonder how well the ION BOND would stick to the Scandium frame? The consensus doesn't look to great for the ION BOND. For the money I rather send Carmoney my gun and have the trigger worked over. Where have some of you guys had your ION BOND finish from? If I do I really would like to hear good feedback from a company. Poor college student budget doesn't allow too many regretful purchases. Thanks again guys for the great posts. From what I've read, a lot of auto guys like their ION BOND, but maybe it's not so great on stainless cylinders.

If you had problems with the finish "peeling" most likely the metal wasn't prepped properly, as we do stainless all the time. If you have had peeling from "past" years, IonBond will re-coat it, just contact us and we'll take care of it. S@W uses it on these revolvers.

sw_163072.jpg

Smith & Wesson combined a scandium alloy frame with a titanium cylinder tobuild the strongest and lightest weight .357 Magnum revolver made. Theresult...the Model 340, maximum power in a small, lightweight, easy tocarry package. Smith & Wessons lightest and strongest revolvers deliverdependable power every time.

Corrosion-resistant stainless steel cylinder with IonBond DiamondBLACK finish

Do you guys at Springer Precision due Cerakote? Right now I've decided to have my barrel shroud kept in black cerakote along with the cylinder. I want the rest of the frame in a Dark Earth color. May be a bit overboard for some, but like I said before being a bit different is alright by me.

Edited by MTU_327PC