Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Future of Open

J-Hon

Well almost ALL of the options mentioned have been around since 2000 and before, and tried, tried, tried. Sideways/upside down scopes, Glocks, Sigs, Shorties, Longies, and the like.

You can make Master with a single stack DA Sig. Why would you is my personal take on all this.

The platform that wins and works is a 1911 single action double stack with a dot. CZ is a great alternative at the lower PF. I am all for innovation and innovation is why that's the winning platform. I don't see innovation changing much lately. Lately being 8-10 years.

When I see a lot of tinkering I think of a guy trying out variations of anything but a four wheeled car. He might be a genus. Might not.

What may have some merit in our sport would be a gyro-stabilized dot, all contained on the pistol. It could make shooting on the move a bit more easy.

Um.... that would be absolutely worthless in our sport :surprise: A gyro-stabilized pistol, on the other hand, would be worth something. If you stabilize the dot without stabilizing the whole handgun, you now have a situation where the dot is pointing somewhere different than the muzzle - that's less than worthless... That's shooting mikes and penalties, all the while call hits in the A-zone... :surprise:

How about having some sort of transmitter on the gun which sent the image of the dot directly onto your shooting glasses so that you didn't have to line the gun up with your eyes? Now that would be the answer to those pesky weak hand stages!! :P

I doubt the idea is technically feasible but hey, since we are dreaming here........

I doubt the idea is technically feasible but hey, since we are dreaming here........

Definitely feasible. Affordable is another question... :lol: They're already doing this in military applications... ;)

How about having some sort of transmitter on the gun which sent the image of the dot directly onto your shooting glasses so that you didn't have to line the gun up with your eyes? Now that would be the answer to those pesky weak hand stages!! :P

<_< That makes me think of a line in a Movie. "What Kind Of Farmer Are You"?